i know a guy that's gotta... | Victory Motorcycles: Motorcycle Forums

i know a guy that's gotta...

Discussion in 'Victory General Discussion' started by zingpow, Oct 12, 2021.

1. zingpow

zingpow Member

Type of Motorcycle Currently Riding:
    2003 victory kingpin
    so you stop into one of the local watering holes for a cold one after a hot afternoon of riding and walk out onto the "porch" to consume it and some fresh air (there is very little inside) and from the din of voices all struggling to be heard you hear it, "hay, is that your bike"...and some lurch of a fellow, who may or may not own one of the other bikes is pointing at your bike and looking at you...

we're all proud of our rides so you hope it is someone that is truly interested in or likes the looks of your ride...there are somewhere between 20 and 100 bikes lined up with near military precision all nice and shinny...but the inquisitor has singled out your bike...

"yes that's mine, it's a kirksons-wamstaker they only make 3 of them in kerzekstan just before the revelution"...

"yeah, i know a guy that's gotta"...and here it comes...for reasons totally his own, and even though there are at least 50 bikes lined up, all deserving of praise, including your's, he wants to regale you and anyone else with in earshot with all the "facts" about this other guys bike...it's diamond plated, has 1000hp, has tires inside tires, it's gps sends signals to the gps satellites circling the earth and gives THEM directions...and on and on...

what is that sh!t anyway...i like to talk bikes (and listen if a guy hasn't had too much to drink) as much as the next guy, but can we pick something out of reality, like maybe the bikes lined up before us...i get this crap at the gym too, "hey did you paint your bike, i know a guy that's gotta"...

"yeah, i think i know him"...zp...

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  2. IM12STPN

IM12STPN Well-Known Member

2016 Vegas 8-Ball BLACK!! 2016 CCT...BLACK also
    OR..."I didn't know HD made a VICTORY"....heard that one more then once.:banghead:

• Funny Funny x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  3. normthenomad

normthenomad Well-Known Member

2012 Crossroads LE, 1997 Buell S1 Hammer performance 1275 crush setup.
    Used to live in FL in the '70's and earl '80's, got a lot of," I've got a '44 panknuckleshovelhead with a six foot springer and a 900 inch stroker. "But I just moved here so it's back in ."
    On the flip side I recently stopped at a little motel in Corona NM. The owners 92 year old mother and I struck up a conversation. Turns out she and her husband had decided to try motorcycling back in 1953. They bought a brand new 1953 Indian,(she didn't mention which model and I forgot to ask). They had several motorcycles over the years and rode until he died in 2010.
    She had some very interesting stories to tell.

• Like Like x 8
  4. zingpow

zingpow Member

2003 victory kingpin
    ntn...met an older couple (i'm 72) at one of my ice cream stops, (my v92c isn't a bar hopper, it's an ice cream hopper) that both still ride harleys and one would tell the story and the other would be looking off in the distance with glassy eyes...beautiful when folks can make a life like that...kind of life you don't mind just being there listening to...zp...

Last edited: Oct 12, 2021
    • Like Like x 6
  5. Blowndodge

Blowndodge Well-Known Member

2013 Victory XCT
    You just outlined the 20 or so I have on ignored here. totally worthless conversations.... I get it.

6. zingpow

zingpow Member

2003 victory kingpin
    BD...so does that mean you don't want to hear about how polaris changed the inside diameter of their con rods because i pointed out a major defect and how they didn't believe me and i had to call the president of the company and he fired his entire engineering team and how my insights into the inner dynamics of metal molecules saved the lives of virtually every victory and indian rider...is that what you're telling me...zing of unfathomable insight...

ps...here, pull my finger...uncle zing alias "grandpa motorcycle"

pss...first guy hasn't got a chance does he...don't want to be last in line either as eveyone is either drunk by the time it's your turn to speak, asleep or left out the back door...forum life ain't the virtual campfire it once was...zp...

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  7. zingpow

zingpow Member

2003 victory kingpin
    don't mind me, i'm just getting "notifications" handled...zp...

• Funny Funny x 1
  8. lou8700

lou8700 Well-Known Member

2012 Victory Cross Roads, 2014 Victory Cross Country Tour
    I don't really hang out much in local watering holes or bike nights so I can't say I've experienced much of what your talking about. I would say often times at gas fill ups and lunch stops etc I do get into the occasional bike talk but cant remember ever being a bad conversation. It doesn't even bother me when an older guy comes over and starts talking about how they used to ride. It's all good.

• Agree Agree x 5
  9. IM12STPN

IM12STPN Well-Known Member

2016 Vegas 8-Ball BLACK!! 2016 CCT...BLACK also
    @lou8700 "USED" to ride...ME and KNOWING you...we'll go to a trike or Can-Am before ever saying that :dance:(even my wife says NEVER stop riding, together, PLEASE:icon_thumleft:)

• Like Like x 5
  10. Flyboy

Flyboy Well-Known Member

Victory Boardwalk
    Reminds me of the ole my buddy one of them there Corvettes back when they were made of metal...

• Funny Funny x 4
  11. Flyboy

Flyboy Well-Known Member

Victory Boardwalk
    Well I knew this guy that was seeking to stop notifications over a thread he started :angel4:

I can be so bad :bandit:

12. Flyboy

Flyboy Well-Known Member

Victory Boardwalk
    I got a Yamaha allegation, but never an HD, damn, you put up with that insult? I know we Victory Boys are more action than words and have patience, but there is a limit.

• Funny Funny x 1
  13. zingpow

zingpow Member

2003 victory kingpin
    who needs notifications of a thread they or anyone else started...seriously, is it THAT important to anyone...stop in and take a look see during the day...zp...

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. Flyboy

Flyboy Well-Known Member

Victory Boardwalk
    Sometimes to some people I guess, it is a pain but an apparent default and a product of Big Tech today...

15. NY mike

NY mike Well-Known Member

Indian chieftain - Harley Ultra
    To many times thru the years I’ve heard my Brother or I’ve got this year Panhead or knucklehead in years they don’t exist I just reply with really must be nice and cut the BS short and walk

• Agree Agree x 1