VOG Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
5,097 Posts
Seems like the hardest thing to be in America today is a white male. Everyone else is a victim if they choose to be and those that do; demand entitlements the white males must pay for. Yes; a little over the top but not by much.

Lots of white women out there working hard too.

However, thanks to Affirmative Action, it is only the white male who never gets any preferential treatment in hiring. They actually have to be qualified with good references to get hired. Imagine that.

·
Registered
9,246 Posts
She's on point, sadly. I like to see the push back, though.

·
Registered
634 Posts
A young woman that has it figured out...... God Bless her.

·
Registered
12,831 Posts
That girl grew up with no father. Or an abusive one.
What a country. Sad part is ........... she's right.

·
Registered
235 Posts
Seems like the hardest thing to be in America today is a white male. Everyone else is a victim if they choose to be and those that do; demand entitlements the white males must pay for. Yes; a little over the top but not by much.

However, thanks to Affirmative Action, it is only the white male who never gets any preferential treatment in hiring. They actually have to be qualified with good references to get hired. Imagine that.
there is no unemployment in this country dude but there sure is a lot of white guys around here that do not work or take care of their kids.I have no sympathy for them at all and they need to man up.

·
Registered
5,651 Posts

Do you have any statistics to back that up? It still seems to me that white men still have 90% of the high paying jobs. That is why Affirmative Action exists. Because white males have already rigged the system to thier advantage. Not you of course, but someone did otherwise there wouldn't be so many white guys running everything. Don't believe there isn't preferential treatment for white guys. The evidence speaks for itself.

·
Super Moderator
26,154 Posts
there is no unemployment in this country dude but there sure is a lot of white guys around here that do not work or take care of their kids.I have no sympathy for them at all and they need to man up.
I don't care if you're black, white, or purple. You need to provide for yourself and who ever you bring into this world.

·
Registered
397 Posts
I don't care if you're black, white, or purple. You need to provide for yourself and who ever you bring into this world.
Yep! The heart of the problem is that there is an ever growing mass of single parent families where in most cases the male is not around. Understandably it has always been difficult for a single parent to provide for a family. She is dead wrong in not pointing out this growing mass of irresponcible males who have fun reproducing and just leave. This is a serious problem at the heart of the decay of our society - far worse than the unfair feminest laws she riles about. Yes the state forces the deadbeat males to pay child support but this hardly covers a small portion of the cost of bringing up children and maintaining a home. In the end both the woman and man have to maintain separate homes and lives which further drains their finances not to speak of the neglect children get from all this. Yes some women, or sometimes men, are able to do a fine job of raising children but this is rare. Unfortunately, if I was a woman, I would be extra careful about choosing a mate and even more careful about having a child. Yes I know there are some irresponsible women also but much less frequent than males. Black, white, yellow or purple it is a recipe for disaster.

·
Super Moderator
26,154 Posts
Yep! The heart of the problem is that there is an ever growing mass of single parent families where in most cases the male is not around. Understandably it has always been difficult for a single parent to provide for a family. She is dead wrong in not pointing out this growing mass of irresponcible males who have fun reproducing and just leave. This is a serious problem at the heart of the decay of our society - far worse than the unfair feminest laws she riles about. Yes the state forces the deadbeat males to pay child support but this hardly covers a small portion of the cost of bringing up children and maintaining a home. In the end both the woman and man have to maintain separate homes and lives which further drains their finances not to speak of the neglect children get from all this. Yes some women, or sometimes men, are able to do a fine job of raising children but this is rare. Unfortunately, if I was a woman, I would be extra careful about choosing a mate and even more careful about having a child. Yes I know there are some irresponsible women also but much less frequent than males. Black, white, yellow or purple it is a recipe for disaster.
Another part of this I have mentioned in other threads is kids now days are all seen as money. Be that from tax returns, SSI, food stamps, WIC, whatever.

So yes a man with a kid or two that he takes little interest in is a problem but a woman having 4-5 kids all with different baby daddies is a huge part as well. I see it all the time. It is their career to learn different ways to cheat the system.

If each state wasnt paying out a bunch of money for all their assistance programs and the government wasn't either we would all be better off. Well.....except the leeches.

You need a hand out? That's fine. But in order to get it you need to report this date and time to do some work in the community. Don't show you don't get your check.

·
Registered
8,141 Posts
When I was in High school I couldn't wait to get married.
Even back then (80's) it was known that a successful guy risked being financially raped if divorced...I just had nothing and was willing to split everything that was made during a marriage.
There are a lot less guys stepping up and getting married for good reason.

·
Registered
397 Posts
When I was in High school I couldn't wait to get married.
Even back then (80's) it was known that a successful guy risked being financially raped if divorced...I just had nothing and was willing to split everything that was made during a marriage.
There are a lot less guys stepping up and getting married for good reason.
Nothing wrong with not getting married. Just don't have any children if you are afraid to marry your partner since you don't trust her. At least show some responsibility by not having children.

·
Registered
820 Posts
I can sum this all up easy for everybody!!!! My bike goes vroooom vroooom and respect needs to go both ways. Rest of it is all BS.

·
Lone Rider of the Apocolypse
6,677 Posts
This is about the best part of this otherwise horsesh!t thread. Equal pay for equal job - I'm 100% for that. Be kind, treat Women with respect, don't you EVER raise your hand to a LADY. And if you help create a child, you damn well better man up and help raise that child. everything else -

__|
__|
| | | |__ /
| | | | /

·
Registered
23,463 Posts
Do you have any statistics to back that up? It still seems to me that white men still have 90% of the high paying jobs. That is why Affirmative Action exists. Because white males have already rigged the system to their advantage. Not you of course, but someone did otherwise there wouldn't be so many white guys running everything. Don't believe there isn't preferential treatment for white guys. The evidence speaks for itself.
I have to disagree...
When I go to a job interview they have preferences for hiring.
Disabled veteran (not me)
Diversity (not the white guy)
If there are no applicants who fit the hiring preferences they will advertise the position until they get some. I can be the most qualified and experienced applicant with the most relevant experience and it doesn't make a damned bit of difference. I can't BUY the job. I've been told, straight up, in an interview at the Army Corp of Engineers, "Can't hire you because you're not female, veteran, or a minority", so I'm not seeing this 'rigged for the white man' system you speak of. What I see is reverse racism. Can you imagine telling a black woman, "We're looking for a white guy, sorry" at an interview?

Most HR departments won't fire a minority employee unless they take a sh!t on the HR managers desk, out of fear of a racism law suit. In HR departments they call it "protected groups". White men are certainly not a "protected group".

On bid day for Federal Government contracts, if a minority contractor is within 10% of low bid, he gets the contract because he is "disadvantaged". There are contract set-asides for everybody... women owned, minority owned, Hub Zone... you guessed it, nothing for white men. So what happens? Established companies partner with a minority firm and get 8A status. This equals 9 years of "disadvantaged" status and set-asides. The established company does everything and simply uses the minority firm's letterhead. The company I worked for was writing a check every month to their minority partner for $150,000... not a bad income for simply being black.

When you win a contract in Washington DC or Baltimore you MUST hire a certain percentage of residents of that city. Most of your subcontractors MUST BE minority companies based in that city. This isn't a choice, it is MANDATED. So much for the 'rigged for the white man' system.

For the past 8 years the President of the United States, arguably the most powerful man in the world, was a black man whose middle name is Hussein, so I'm a little tired of hearing how prejudice keeps minorities down.

·
Lone Rider of the Apocolypse
6,677 Posts
100%, @Half_Crazy . Rigged for the White Man? That is the dumbest sh!t I have ever heard. Today the system is just the opposite. 5 people are in a room going for a job. The completely qualified white guy and 5 diverse individuals who are dumber than dirt. Guess who WON'T get the job? That is the way it is now.

·
Registered
9,151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I have to disagree...
If there are no applicants who fit the hiring preferences they will advertise the position until they get some. I can be the most qualified and experienced applicant with the most relevant experience and it doesn't make a damned bit of difference. I can't BUY the job. I've been told, straight up, in an interview at the Army Corp of Engineers, "Can't hire you because you're not female, veteran, or a minority", so I'm not seeing this 'rigged for the white man' system you speak of. What I see is reverse racism. Can you imagine telling a black woman, "We're looing for a white guy, sorry" at an interview?

Most HR departments won't fire a minority employee unless they take a sh!t on the HR managers desk, out of fear of a racism law suit. In HR departments they call it "protected groups". White men are certainly not a "protected group".

On bid day for Federal Government contracts, if a minority contractor is within 10% of low bid, he gets the contract because he is "disadvantaged". There are contract set-asides for everybody... women owned, minority owned, Hub Zone... you guessed it, nothing for white men. So what happens? Established companies partner with a minority firm and get 8A status. This equals 9 years of "disadvantaged" status and set-asides. The established company does everything and simply uses the minority firm's letterhead. The company I worked for was writing a check every month to their minority partner for $150,000... not a bad income for simply being black.

When you win a contract in Washington DC or Baltimore you MUST hire a certain percentage of residents of that city. Most of your subcontractors MUST BE minority companies based in that city. This isn't a choice, it is MANDATED. So much for the 'rigged for the white man' system.

For the past 8 years the President of the United States, arguably the most powerful man in the world, was a black man whose middle name is Hussein, so I'm a little tired of hearing how prejudice keeps minorities down.
This was also mandated by General Motor's Corp.

·
Registered
5,651 Posts
I have to disagree...
If there are no applicants who fit the hiring preferences they will advertise the position until they get some. I can be the most qualified and experienced applicant with the most relevant experience and it doesn't make a damned bit of difference. I can't BUY the job. I've been told, straight up, in an interview at the Army Corp of Engineers, "Can't hire you because you're not female, veteran, or a minority", so I'm not seeing this 'rigged for the white man' system you speak of. What I see is reverse racism. Can you imagine telling a black woman, "We're looking for a white guy, sorry" at an interview?

Everything you posted is from your perspective. Seems fair but doesn't require accuracy. During the only eight years in our nation's history when we had a black man in the highest office in the land, what percentage of congress was white? What percentage of CEOs from Fortune 500 companies were white men? The reason why mandates are in place is BECAUSE the system has been rigged. When the the number of people with opportunities is proportionate with the overall population these mandates will have no purpose and be eliminated by others who feel as you do. I agree it's tougher for a white guy to get ahead these days with all the laws about harassment and discrimination floating around but many are still making it . So many that guys need to "quit their whining, stop playing the victim card and blaming others for thier own inadequacy, and pull themselves up by thier own bootstraps."
If that last statement annoys you as much as it annoyed me when I heard it, we may have some common ground.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.