1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
3,835 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Found it at a Harley dealer.
2015 with 9,000 miles for $11,995
Just had new tires installed..

So who on here traded there Vision on a Harley at Privateers?

So I take the bike home and on the way I find it making lots of tire noise. Really loud wine and the bike wasn’t handling very well.
Then the check engine light comes on.
I noticed the volt gauge at 15 volts.

I start thinking I bought someone else’s trouble........ great.... just great..

Then I got to thinking ..... mabe the battery cables are loose..
and yes they were. So al is good now.

And the tire noise was 60lbs in the front tire.... WTF

Great bike.

·
Super Moderator
26,124 Posts
Well that's exciting!

But 60 in the front!?! What monkey did that? Silly Harley tech!

And..... Where are the pics?

Reactions: robsvision

·
Lone Rider of the Apocolypse
6,677 Posts

·
Registered
441 Posts
Congrats on your new bike, You will love it . Hope someone didn't trade it in on a Harley. Good buy also.
What do you think they traded it on? Didn't you understand it was a Harley dealer this guy bought a Vison at. Which in itself sounds like a miracle to have occurred. WTF walks into a Harley dealer and walks out with a Vison??? Chalk that one up for the books.

·
Registered
224 Posts
What do you think they traded it on? Didn't you understand it was a Harley dealer this guy bought a Vison at. Which in itself sounds like a miracle to have occurred. WTF walks into a Harley dealer and walks out with a Vison??? Chalk that one up for the books.
Well, I walked into a BMW/Honda mega dealer and bought my Victory Vision because it was advertised by them. Rommel H-D in Delmarva routinely has BMW and Triumph bikes advertised that folks traded in. I'm pretty sure it is not actually too unusual that folks find used bikes that are of different brands at H-D dealerships.

To the OP, congrats on your new Vision. You live in a beautiful region for riding. I toured Maine and did the ferry ride to N.S. two years ago. Amazing!

·
Lone Rider of the Apocolypse
6,677 Posts
@robsvision congratulations, btw! That is a great find, my friend. Somebody probably traded it for a SG or something. Your gain, brother!

·
Registered
122 Posts
I also bought my 12 at a Harley dealer. I think you got a better deal than me. Bought mine in September of last year with 11,000 miles and I paid $12,000.00. Congratulations on a good deal on a great bike.

·
Registered
474 Posts
Congrats, but keep an eye on that front tire for a while. Make sure that high PSI didn't rip any cords. My new bike, preped and ready-to-ride by a Victory dealer came with 25 to 23 psi in the tires, instead of the 35 and 41. Go figure.

·
Registered
634 Posts
Congrats on the new ride!

·
Registered
3,835 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Well that's exciting!

But 60 in the front!?! What monkey did that? Silly Harley tech!

And..... Where are the pics?
Well I was flipping through the owners manual and I came across some hen scratch that said
May 2018 maintenance and new tires by Freedom Cycle (Local Vic Dealer)
And
The belt was so tight you could play a tune on it. This is how and why the sprocket belts come loose.
I could hear this pinging noise from the belt while riding. It was trying to climb the side of the sprocket.

·
Super Moderator
26,124 Posts
Well I was flipping through the owners manual and I came across some hen scratch that said
May 2018 maintenance and new tires by Freedom Cycle (Local Vic Dealer)
The new guy must have filled them and thought motorcycle tires are D rated.

·
Registered
3,835 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 · (Edited)

·
Registered
3,835 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Well, I walked into a BMW/Honda mega dealer and bought my Victory Vision because it was advertised by them. Rommel H-D in Delmarva routinely has BMW and Triumph bikes advertised that folks traded in. I'm pretty sure it is not actually too unusual that folks find used bikes that are of different brands at H-D dealerships.

To the OP, congrats on your new Vision. You live in a beautiful region for riding. I toured Maine and did the ferry ride to N.S. two years ago. Amazing!
Same here
They had it advertised on there web site.

·
Super Moderator
26,124 Posts
I know that's not a tank sticker I see. o_O

Don't make me come up there...... But at least if I have to we can go on a ride. Do I get the Vision or XC?

• Haha

·
Registered
3,835 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I know that's not a tank sticker I see. o_O

Don't make me come up there...... But at least if I have to we can go on a ride. Do I get the Vision or XC?
That's how new it is.....lol
My son took the XCT. Not sure if he will bring it back.

I have to say I really really like this bike.
It's so damn big
I can't believe how it handles.
It has a steering lock... very nice

I took the XCT out tonight. And it looks small when you look down at the gas tank.
My XCT feels much stronger than the Vision. The addition of the PCV and Autotune has made a big difference.
But
I like the Vision better.

·
Registered
3,835 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
@robsvision congratulations, btw! That is a great find, my friend. Somebody probably traded it for a SG or something. Your gain, brother!
Yes it was a great deal I couldn't pass up. Didn't need another big bike .
The sales guy told me what it was traded in on. But I can't remember.
He said it was an older guy.
I asked why so cheap. They said they had 50 used bikes and they want them all gone.....
Good guys to deal with. I said ok to there asking price. I didn't haggle.
I said I need to go to the bank and pick up the check and I want to take the Vision. The sales guy said no problem...

I was gone for about 2 hrs and when I got back it was like no one knew the bike was gone. They didn't care .
Very nice dealership, impressive.

Reactions: Ghostrider25
1 - 20 of 53 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.