VOG Forum banner

hydraulic clutch

2K views 14 replies 9 participants last post by  DaGrey1 
#1 ·
before i **** out $400 i have to know has anybody had one fail
if i have another cable snap i might kill someone so this seems to be the only option
help please

#4 ·

I have been considering a hydraulic clutch myself. What year, how many miles, and how many snapped cables have pushed you over your limit? I have an 08 with 3,300 miles. Because of frequent talk of broken clutch cables on Victory's, I disconnect both ends about every 500 miles, clean, inspect, lube and reinstall. I have seen no evidence of any defect of any kind. I understand the Barnett cables are better quality then Vic OEM.

#6 ·
Sutherland said:
I have 27,000 KMS on my 08 KP with no clutch cable problems yet. I believe driving habits and area were you driving may cause cable to fail more often
Regards
Don't you have a hydraulic clutch on yours. I thought you had a 08 premium Kp?
hydraulics don't have cables.
22,500 on mine no problems.

#8 ·

Don't you have a hydraulic clutch on yours. I thought you had a 08 premium Kp?
hydraulics don't have cables.
22,500 on mine no problems.
[/quote]
Yes mine is a premium model but the hydraulic clutch somehow was not put on this bike, not sure why and no one at the shopseems to know why it is not on it
Regards

#13 ·

dizmodeus said:
before i **** out $400 i have to know has anybody had one fail
if i have another cable snap i might kill someone so this seems to be the only option
help please
......................................................................................................................................
IF you opt for the "kill" option, just make sure its the GUY who designed the cable set-up, It'll be more satisfing..................................LOL

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.