VOG Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone knows where to get the Hydraulic clutch kit ???

Thanks

·
Premium Member
1,439 Posts
You can use the vision kit, but you will have to route the hoses down the left side of the frame instead of the right side. I’m doing that with my Cross Country and Klip Hanger bars.

Reactions: vdelgadillo

·
Premium Member
1,439 Posts
It could also be because I have aftermarket bars; they're just a bit longer than the OEM bars.

·
Registered
417 Posts
Holy moley. I wouldn't spend that much for it. The only real benefit is never having to adjust it, but adjusting a clutch cable is so easy it's hard to justify that cost. I'd rather have a cable so I could move the engagement point closer to the bar.

·
Registered
6,347 Posts
Holy moley. I wouldn't spend that much for it. The only real benefit is never having to adjust it, but adjusting a clutch cable is so easy it's hard to justify that cost. I'd rather have a cable so I could move the engagement point closer to the bar.
I've considered changing my Vision to a cable just so I could adjust it's friction zone closer to the grip. I couldn't stand the engagement when I got it.

When I'd get on my Vegas after being on the Vision for a few day I'd almost always stall it out because of the huge difference in engagement.

·
Registered
417 Posts
I've considered changing my Vision to a cable just so I could adjust it's friction zone closer to the grip. I couldn't stand the engagement when I got it.

When I'd get on my Vegas after being on the Vision for a few day I'd almost always stall it out because of the huge difference in engagement.
I hate it - as big as the grips are and as long as the lever throw is, that's WAY out toward the tips of my fingers. Not trouble at all just riding, been riding long enough that I can ride anything - but trying to modulate in that friction zone and do the parking lot cone courses it gets to be a bit much. Especially as far as these bars throw -- if I'm doing a super tight right I have to lean forward to get my left arm out there enough for full lock, then using my finger tips to do the clutch - just not a comfortable setup. If my adjustable lever project doesn't pan out I probably will go cable if I can find parts for a reasonable price. Apparently the Vision 8-ball came that way. But I'm not sure about my bars - I have the '08 Tour Premium which came with those beautiful oval bars. It looks like it's necked down to round under the lever perches/MCs, but I've never had either off to know how standard that is or isn't.

·
Registered
6,711 Posts
I hate it - as big as the grips are and as long as the lever throw is, that's WAY out toward the tips of my fingers. Not trouble at all just riding, been riding long enough that I can ride anything - but trying to modulate in that friction zone and do the parking lot cone courses it gets to be a bit much. Especially as far as these bars throw -- if I'm doing a super tight right I have to lean forward to get my left arm out there enough for full lock, then using my finger tips to do the clutch - just not a comfortable setup. If my adjustable lever project doesn't pan out I probably will go cable if I can find parts for a reasonable price. Apparently the Vision 8-ball came that way. But I'm not sure about my bars - I have the '08 Tour Premium which came with those beautiful oval bars. It looks like it's necked down to round under the lever perches/MCs, but I've never had either off to know how standard that is or isn't.
If you ditch your hydraulic clutch keep me in mind. I hate replacing clutch cables. I go thru them every 35k roughly even with lube on the barrels. That's roughly a cable a year to year and half for me. I got two bikes now so could lessen that problem.

·
Registered
417 Posts
If you ditch your hydraulic clutch keep me in mind. I hate replacing clutch cables. I go thru them every 35k roughly even with lube on the barrels. That's roughly a cable a year to year and half for me. I got two bikes now so could lessen that problem.
You have dibs, brother. Hopefully I don't change it, but I'll let you know if I do.

Reactions: jwfuchs1

·
Registered
6,347 Posts
Especially as far as these bars throw -- if I'm doing a super tight right I have to lean forward to get my left arm out there enough for full lock, then using my finger tips to do the clutch - just not a comfortable setup.
I'm a SS, I'm more comfortable on my Vision going lock to lock then I am on the other two. I have 2" pullbacks hanging in the garage for over a year now for the XC. Just not enough time in the day.

We even lost an hour today. Wth

·
Registered
455 Posts
Hey are you using those Barnett Cables? Witchdoctors and Barnett say that they cables give a reduction in effort.

If the stockers are uncoated that could be a BIG diff. but I think some said the stockers are coated. I guess uncoated cable were an HD thing.

·
Registered
6,711 Posts
Hey are you using those Barnett Cables? Witchdoctors and Barnett say that they cables give a reduction in effort.

If the stockers are uncoated that could be a BIG diff. but I think some said the stockers are coated. I guess uncoated cable were an HD thing.
Yep the last one was a Barnett cable and popped right around 35k miles like clock work. They sent me a universal inner cable to get me by and rebuilt my broken cable for free. I just don't care for replacing the cable housing every time the inner cable gives out.

·
Registered
6,347 Posts
Yep the last one was a Barnett cable and popped right around 35k miles like clock work. They sent me a universal inner cable to get me by and rebuilt my broken cable for free. I just don't care for replacing the cable housing every time the inner cable gives out.
Have you tried polishing your handle where the cable rides?

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Wow
I need to save money
Or stick to cable clutch
No more budget after 15” rotor & Ape bars

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.