VOG Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2012 XCT. I replaced the clutch cable with the hydraulic unit. During normal acceleration everything is fine, but if I twist the throttle a bit harder I can tell it's slipping. Any tips on how this could be adjusted?

·
Registered
5,092 Posts
It shouldn't be slipping. I'm pushing really close to 120/120 with my upgrades and have no issues with the clutch slipping. I would make sure you have the system bled. There have been some that have bent the mounting bracket for theslave cylinder over some to make an adjustment. I wouldn't advise doing that until you have ruled out all other possible causes and confirmed that it is actually slipping.

·
Registered
94 Posts
First step would be to change fluid and bleed system depending on age. Also make sure pivot point on clutch lever is lubricated....it does make a difference! After that you can change oil and see if it helped. My 2011 Vision started slipping @ 18k miles, bone stock and Victory oil. My 2009 never gave me any issues with 40k miles, Mobil 1 oil and Lloyds bits @ 108hp/112ft.lbs.

Reactions: FoFo

·
Registered
6,656 Posts
What motor oil are you using? Is it "energy conserving"? If so, get rid of it. It'll cause clutch slip because of the friction modifiers in it.

Reactions: tonyj
1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.