VOG Forum banner
1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was decoding my 2009 Jackpot serial number decoding and it shows engine code 5vpxb36 which is 78-94 hp/tq compared to the same year 5vpxb37 which is 95-115 hp/tq.
What is the difference between Them.
My bike has victory staggered pipes, power commander v and Arlen Ness air Intake mods.

·
Registered
23,463 Posts
What difference does it make what the VIN number says it has for HP? Does that change the power at the rear wheel?
2008 and 2009 were the worst years... 100", lowered compression, 1st attempts at closed loop FI...

Here, this is rear wheel power for a totally stock 2008 100".... 75/94
Rectangle Slope Plot Font Line

The manufacturer's claimed output is measured at the crankshaft, not the rear wheel. After transmission and driveline losses the crank number drops by up to 15%.

If you really want to know what's up, roll that bike up on a dyno and find out.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I wonder who has a dyno around here?

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Murrieta CA

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Does the lloyds timing wheel make a difference? I am thinking of installing one and set it at 4 deg adv.

·
Super Moderator
26,154 Posts
Does the lloyds timing wheel make a difference? I am thinking of installing one and set it at 4 deg adv.
You'll see the timing wheel help under 2.5K rpm. I added one recently and it really smoothed it out in the first few gears and seems to make the motor have less mechanical chatter in the low gears.

Reactions: felitopaz

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
What did you set it at? I read 4deg and 6 deg. I am leaning now towards 6 deg. I have a PCV, Arlen Ness intake and Victory staggered pipes.

·
Super Moderator
26,154 Posts
What did you set it at? I read 4deg and 6 deg. I am leaning now towards 6 deg. I have a PCV, Arlen Ness intake and Victory staggered pipes.
I put it in my 13 Vision at +4. Most Vics take +4 well. See my signature for my other light upgrades.

If you're on a phone turn it sideways to see the signatures under each person's post.

Reactions: felitopaz

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
How did you do it? What it the wrong approach?

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Bad to the bone

·
Premium Member
14,203 Posts
He will sell that knowledge cheap at the Half-Crazy School for the Velocity Challenged....

Didn't see a YELLOW bike :biggrin:

1 - 20 of 52 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.