VOG Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4,895 Posts

Back in my younger days I knew a NY State Trooper who told me he came acrossa suspected bank robber. He said he was surprised that the car pulled over instead of it turning into a chase. A.s he was calling in the plate the vehicle suddenly came at him in reverse setting off his air bag He was hit in the mouth with the microphone his glasses were bent,He was really mad. He then discovered his car would not restart.
He told me the guy was lucky because he was not going to be profesional had he gotten his hands on that guy.
Do not try this tactic the Police across the country no longer have active air bags in their cars.

·
Premium Member
3,850 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Trekwolf164 said:
Do not try this tactic the Police across the country no longer have active air bags in their cars.
It's not stated if this was an accident or intentional. If it was intentional, that driver needs to attend anger management classes and lose his (or her) driving privelidges. (Just imagine what would have happened if the officer was riding a bike).
That's news to me about Police Cars no longer having active air bags in their vehicles. This seems to be a major safety hazard and other than in the situation where a driver intentionally backs into a patrol car out of anger or fear, it seems this could put the lives of police cars in danger. Does anyone have any info on the deactivation of the air bags in police cars?

·
Registered
326 Posts
Andy said:
Trekwolf164 said:
It's not stated if this was an accident or intentional. If it was intentional, that driver needs to attend anger management classes and lose his (or her) driving privelidges. (Just imagine what would have happened if the officer was riding a bike).
That's news to me about Police Cars no longer having active air bags in their vehicles. This seems to be a major safety hazard and other than in the situation where a driver intentionally backs into a patrol car out of anger or fear, it seems this could put the lives of police cars in danger. Does anyone have any info on the deactivation of the air bags in police cars?
They said suspected bank robber. I would imagine it was a calculated bank robber get away plan, wait until he stops then disable his vehicle. .....I'm surprised hollywood hasn't used this in a movie yet!!!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.