VOG Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

I have a 2011 kingpin and I am trying to remove the rear injector to get the Valve cover off. I managed to get the fuel rail disconnected but i can seem to get the injector out. The service manual says it should just pull out but ive put some force on it and I cant get it out, it rotates in the port but wont pull up. Is there a special tool im unaware of?

Thank you

·
Registered
963 Posts
Spray a little silicone around it and let it soak for a while. Should free it up.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you i got it to pop out now. The O ring on the injector isnt cracked but its feels dry, does some oil do the trick or should I replace it and of so does it have to be an OEM O ring

·
Registered
4,841 Posts
If you remove the injectors you have to replace the seal, it is not easy to remove these injectors, but you don't need to remove the injectors to take the engine cover off....

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Im trying to get the valve cover off to replace the cams, the rear cover os very tight under the frame, its a steel frame Kingpin. I can't find a single write up showing how to get tje cover off without pulling the whole motor

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.