VOG Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I got a chrome starter cover, butlooking at this on a 2008 I don't see a way to put the thing on unless I start take off the oil cooler. Has anyone installed one of these before. There is a bar below the starter, and the oil cooler right on top of the starter.

·
Registered
396 Posts
If it's the standard starter cover, it's pretty basic. Disconnect the battery positive cable, disconnect the cable from the starter, clean the starter free of dirt and oil. I would test fit it for placement, then remove the sticky 3M tape backing and install. reconnect the cables and done. Shouldn't need to remove anything else.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
If only that easy. Your bike frame is setup different than the Hammer. You bike has the starter in the open easy to access. Mine shows most of the front, but is blocked on top and bottom, so just sticking the chrome cover straight on isn't going to happen. I may need to take a picture later.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

Well this was not an easy install on a 2008 Hammer, took me about 45 minutes trying to figured out what to do. I have to remove the starter wire, and the starter wire bracket to pull the cable off. I also had to grind off the tab on the starter cover. Then I had to cram the cover in there because of the small space to use. Took a while but does look better.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.