VOG Forum banner
1 - 20 of 63 Posts

·
Registered
770 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK I check my air pressure weekly and that is not the problem. Plus i even triple check by using 3 different gauges for accuracy. I ride spirited to say the least. I have the stones too and best i have gotten is 3500 miles and they are toast. I even used the Harley tire my first year i got my Kp because first set of stones in less than 3000 because not enough air. It's been a learning experience. Oh and the Harley tire i had put on I had last just over 5000 miles!
I am a good rider maybe a "Cole Trickle" rider. LOL
I need input please

Reactions: MagVic CCT

·
Registered
2,361 Posts
OK I check my air pressure weekly and that is not the problem. Plus i even triple check by using 3 different gauges for accuracy. I ride spirited to say the least. I have the stones too and best i have gotten is 3500 miles and they are toast. I even used the Harley tire my first year i got my Kp because first set of stones in less than 3000 because not enough air. It's been a learning experience. Oh and the Harley tire i had put on I had last just over 5000 miles!
I need input please
WTF!!!!!!!
Are you doing burnouts??? Letting "friends" do burnouts???

Rough terrain that's it, lotsa gravel and dirt roads....

My pressures are 36 and 41...
Im 250lbs
I just don't know...

·
Registered
9,246 Posts
Air alignment and balance. Then just ride. However and wherever the situation calls for. I quit worrying about mileage over safety. I probably average 10K plus. I tend to like sticky tires.

·
Registered
770 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
How come I average 8200 miles out of a 'Stone? Worst 7500, best 9000. The roads where you live must be rough as hell.
I weigh like 225 and beat a bike like it owes me money. 38/40 for pressure.
Well I do live in the Northeast. They also do a lot of oil and stone on top of black top. I also tend to swerve back and forth sometimes if i get stuck behind slow traffic. I love corners a lot too, so maybe i need to focus more on technique. Like lifting a but cheek and such.?

·
Registered
1,203 Posts
You must have 3 inaccurate air gauges

·
Super Moderator
26,154 Posts
What pressure are you running?

I run 38ft and 42rr and can count on at least 9-10K.

·
Registered
2,361 Posts
Well I do live in the Northeast. They also do a lot of oil and stone on top of black top. I also tend to swerve back and forth sometimes if i get stuck behind slow traffic. I love corners a lot too, so maybe i need to focus more on technique. Like lifting a but cheek and such.?
I actually get a smidge more than 9k on rear, what/where is the tire wearing? Is it the shoulder or center, if the center it's over inflated, shoulders underinflated... I've been on seehorrible roads near Oswego and such where the stone felt like it was just dropped, nothing like the bike telling me where it wants to go, I would move it to the left of the lane, it would throw me back to center, really fun dodging +1ft deep potholes at the same time...

·
Registered
3,154 Posts
I enjoy hearing all you little tire people whine about tire mileage ....

It humors me so.

Peter

·
Registered
770 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I actually get a smidge more than 9k on rear, what/where is the tire wearing? Is it the shoulder or center, if the center it's over inflated, shoulders underinflated... I've been on seehorrible roads near Oswego and such where the stone felt like it was just dropped, nothing like the bike telling me where it wants to go, I would move it to the left of the lane, it would throw me back to center, really fun dodging +1ft deep potholes at the same time...
Center of tire. I am running 40 psi in the rear and I have Bridgestones. My 1st year I had stones and had to take it to dealer to get some sh!t taken care of and I was told Belt was too tight and tires had too much air. They were set at kp specs at 32 and 36. They didn't even last 3000 and had were in baaad shape. After the Harley tire I went back to the stones and changed the setup of my Bike like HC

·
Registered
820 Posts
I need input please
Can't help with your tire situation except to say heavy throttle chews tires up.
But just watched days of thunder on tv haven't seen it in years and you and your Cole Trickle reference was well timed.

·
Registered
23,463 Posts
Center of tire. I am running 40 psi in the rear and I have Bridgestones. My 1st year I had stones and had to take it to dealer to get some sh!t taken care of and I was told Belt was too tight and tires had too much air. They were set at kp specs at 32 and 36. They didn't even last 3000 and had were in baaad shape. After the Harley tire I went back to the stones and changed the setup of my Bike like HC
Radials like air. You can't treat them like bias ply tires and run 32/36... Of course you can't expect a dealer wrench to know good sh!t from apple butter.

·
Registered
820 Posts
Radials like air. You can't treat them like bias ply tires and run 32/36... Of course you can't expect a dealer wrench to know good sh!t from apple butter.
This thread is filled with references from my youth. Apple butter was one of my favs. Can't remember the last time I had some. What's next a PAC Man or Donkey Kong reference. Lol

·
Registered
9,246 Posts
I enjoy hearing all you little tire people whine about tire mileage ....

It humors me so.

Peter
Hey, @festes73 , IGNORE That MF, there's one in every crowd! :angel4:

But, seriously, sounds like you're low on your pressures.

Reactions: PJRo
1 - 20 of 63 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.