How to feed CB sound into XC sound system? | Victory Motorcycles: Motorcycle Forums

How to feed CB sound into XC sound system?

Discussion in 'Victory Cross Country' started by SMM28, Apr 13, 2013.

1. SMM28

SMM28 Member

Type of Motorcycle Currently Riding:
    2011 Ness XC #173 & 2007 Ness Jackpot
    I installed a Cobra CB and it has a speaker out on it. Is there a way to feed this sound into the stereo similar to the way that the Vic GPS feeds in where the GPS sound temporarily takes over the stereo?
    Can I use the Vic Audio Harness Package Item #: 2878065?

2. EIGHTYEIGHT

EIGHTYEIGHT Member

2012 Cory Ness Cross Country #88

Nope.. The only things that can plug into that harness are the proprietary victory devices (xm/cb/bluetooth)

Does the cb have a 3.5mm out? If so you should be able to use the 3.5mm aux in cable (bout 40.00). You would have to switch input modes to the aux/mp3 input using the mode button so it won't really do what you want (override music) as you are on a different input and would only be a able to hear the aux input device.

3. MightyMutt

MightyMutt New Member

2013 Cross Country Tour

What Cobra did you install? Just wondering I want to put a CB on mine without paying $400+

4. SMM28

SMM28 Member

Cobra 75WXST

5. SMM28

SMM28 Member

Yes, It looks like a 3.5mm out. Do you happen to know the part number of that 3.5mm aux in cable? Where does it plug in? Also, Im already using the iPod cable...does that tie up this Aux input?

6. mjw930

mjw930 Well-Known Member

Octane
    Yes, the iPod cable uses the Aux input plus an added control hence the 2 cables connecting to the iPod adaptor. The aux input adaptor uses one of the jacks used by the iPod adapter, you can't have both connected at the same time. I tapped into the audio portion of the harness on my XC so I could use either but obviously only one at a time. Note, using this as a CB in means you lose all other radio functions while using the CB AND you only get the receive portion of the CB, you can't transmit via your headset. Reality is if you want on board CB buy the Victory factory unit, it's fully integrated and it works. Everything else is hack at best and by the time you buy all the adapters and rewire everything you don't save that much money.

7. Bob_b

Bob_b Member

'04 V-Star 1100; '14 XCT
    Can anyone still buy the factory unit for a XC? I had one installed on my XCT when I bought it last year. We had to search the globe to find the wiring harness for it. Victory removed all references to the CB in their info halfway through 2014 for cross country models. They still listed it for the Vision, but it used different parts (or so I understood).
    I'm currently troubleshooting my CB. The range on it is terrible. Since I have a XCT, the antenna tilts back. I can rarely talk with riders more than 50' away. Also, the Victory headsets (made by N-Touch) are garbage. After going through three rider sets, I bought an EdSet.

8. jenkins

jenkins Active Member

2012 Victory CCT
    Check your connection at the antenna, very carefully. Seems some have had to add a plastic spacer to keep the antenna from grounding out at the connection point.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1