VOG Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need to wire up a couple of things and I can't figure how to get into the accessory attachment point of the fuse box. One of the things is the Russell seat heater. It gets and little too warm and the people at Russell say the problem is that I'm now wired directly to the battery and I'm getting too much voltage.
So, what's the trick? Thanks in advance. John

·
Registered
1,210 Posts
The fuse box has resistors? What voltage does the Russell stuff run on? Not 12 volts? I would return it if it doesn't run on 12 volts. I feel it will just burn out to quickly if it runs on 6 volts. What other voltage does M/C accessories run on?

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The seat runs on 12 volts. The power at the battery is unregulated and is probably 13-14 volts from the alternator.

·
Registered
37 Posts
The voltage on the battery is the same voltage everywhere on the bike. It's all regulated. For the support group to tell you different is absurd. You get the same voltage at the fuse panel or going directly to the battery.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
With a little help from a bike mechanic, we bought a ceramic poteniometer, fashioned a bracket from plexiglas, and mounted it to a bolt near the fuse box.
Now it is adjustable.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.