how much over book would you pay for a victory... | Victory Motorcycles: Motorcycle Forums

how much over book would you pay for a victory...

Discussion in 'Victory General Discussion' started by zingpow, Nov 23, 2021.

1. zingpow

zingpow Active Member

Type of Motorcycle Currently Riding:
    2003 victory kingpin
    this is not a victory but an example of what i see on cl and other used bike venues...my question is if was a mint victory of your liking how far would you go...even an ardent aprilia fan would wince at this...you can find a real nice aprilia rsv4 for that kind of cheese and believe me that twin v is not even in the game...

the bike:
    Aprilia 2000 RSV Mille - motorcycles/scooters - by owner - vehicle...

the book:
    2000 Aprilia RSV Mille Price

seriously...zing who spends a lot of time looking at bikes...

• Informative Informative x 1
  2. IM12STPN

IM12STPN Well-Known Member

2016 Vegas 8-Ball BLACK!! 2016 CCT...BLACK also
    @zingpow ..I spent a couple months looking for a replacement for my CC 8-BALL, I couldn't believe what Vic's were selling for. IF under 20,000 miles, BLACK and mint I had $13,000 in mind. A few I saw had already sold, most had to many miles, I was in no hurry, had all winter. My buddy in Florida sent me an ad on facebook, in January, for one in Minnesota that had just listed, 2016 CCT BLACK w/6954 miles...for $10,000. I IMMEDIATLEY called and told seller...I'd pay his price and be there, 750 miles, in 2 days. He said if that quick, no need to send deposit....I was ON TIME:dance:

• Winner Winner x 6
  3. zingpow

zingpow Active Member

2003 victory kingpin
    im12...you betcha...i drove to georgia for the bike before the victory and flipped it in a day for cha ching...i'm not a bottom feeder but i like a clean bike for a great price and don't mind driving to get one...your story is how it sould go...right now i'm looking for a liter bike for next summer, see if i can still keep it between the white lines while simultaneously avoiding any "imperial entanglements"...zp...

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  4. Mikekoz13

Mikekoz13 Well-Known Member

2014 Indian Chieftain, 2016 Cross Country, 2008 Victory Vision
    I lucked out on my 2016 Cross Country. I bought it the Summer after they went out of business. I wanted the exact one you see in my avatar. Searched around for about a month and found this one 3 hours away with 1 mile on it. $13,400….They added the tri oval stage one kit for $500 installed and $100 for the bag guards. Talked to the salesman on the phone, ten minutes later he mailed me a bill of sale. Sticker was$20k without the guards and stage one. I couldn’t get there fast enough…..

• Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 3
  5. zingpow

zingpow Active Member

2003 victory kingpin
    mk13...damn, you saved enough to have us all over for beer and pizza...i like a white bike and your's is a dandy...i had one, a 2008 yamaha roadstar...guy was selling his (black) and his wife's (white)...her's had fewer miles on by a lot and it was nice...hated the seat and the ride, bottomed out at every rr track...i see them all the time for sale but no thanks...zp...

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Mikekoz13

Mikekoz13 Well-Known Member

2014 Indian Chieftain, 2016 Cross Country, 2008 Victory Vision
    Yeah…it’s the one I always say I will never get rid of. Sounds familiar huh?

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. normthenomad

normthenomad Well-Known Member

2012 Crossroads LE, 1997 Buell S1 Hammer performance 1275 crush setup.
    I don't go over book. Full stop.
    Had a BMW K1200rs that I bought for $2700 with 40k on it. It was fast and fun, kept it for a year and sold for $3500, tires and an oil change was all I did to it.

• Winner Winner x 1
  8. zingpow

zingpow Active Member

2003 victory kingpin
    ntn...i looked at those until i stumbled onto a utube video made by the president of the illinois/midwest bmw k1200 brigade...he was brutally honest on the upkeep of long term ownership and buying a used one...if you want a good listen i'll look it up...zp...

• Like Like x 1
  9. normthenomad

normthenomad Well-Known Member

2012 Crossroads LE, 1997 Buell S1 Hammer performance 1275 crush setup.
    I knew I wan't going to keep it and I had never owned a BMW. It was clean and cheap.No, I won't buy another one.
    I was really curious about the cantilever front end and the "brick". It was neat, curiosity satisfied, done.

• Like Like x 1
  10. zingpow

zingpow Active Member

2003 victory kingpin
    ntn...if i had $18k and a little more laying around i'd have a bmw s1000rr...the top dog in a class of very big dogs indeed...they bring murder on the used market...zing of less than modest means...

• Like Like x 1
  11. Motorbikerx

Motorbikerx Well-Known Member

2010 XC 2006 KINGPIN
    Seriously, I don't even look at a book.
    I look at the market and see what folks are asking, gives me a better idea in the real world.
    Bikes are dearer DownUnder anyway cos they gotta get here, bonus is they hold a higher value than Stateside bikes.
    That fact made it feasible for me to import a 2006 Kingpin to Oz for around the same dollars all up as I'd pay for a half decent unmodified Vic right here.
    To me the 'value' is in the riding.
    I put a lot of miles on the bikes I own so I'm getting great 'value' out of them.
    That's how I look at it.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
  12. ForestGiant

ForestGiant Well-Known Member

2014 Victory Cross Country, 97 Honda Valkyrie, 99 Honda Magna
    Craigslist only list 10 percent or less of what they use to be in the motorcycle market. Right now in Dayton it is 60 bikes. 2 years ago at this time it would be over 1000 bikes. A couple years ago they started to charge 5 dollars per month to advertise bikes and auto. So people went to facebook marketplace. And people are asking from more than what the market is to ridiculous over the market and the bikes are not moving. When someone comes in at a fair market price they are snatched up quick. 3 weeks ago I sold my 2015 Yamaha V Star 1300 Deluxe on craigslist. I put a fair price on it, usually 2k less than what most others were asking. It took 2 months to sell, however I made 1500 more than I paid 18 months ago and the gentleman thought it was a bargain. Now I think I want to add a Honda CTX 700 dct with faring and OEM bags as my CC partner. Most prices are ridiculous and this bike is only on Facebook/Marketplace or Cycle Trader, only a couple on Craigslist. There are a couple that are fair but are 300 to 500 miles away. 3 weeks ago one came up in Gaylord, MI at a most fair price at a powersports dealer about 400 miles north. I looked at it for a week and decided yes I want it. Heck my sister and BIL are only 1.5 hours away at most. Called up there and it had just sold. Really fair price, low miles, and gone in a week. Ya snooze ya loose, but I have all winter.

Last edited: Nov 24, 2021 at 10:23 AM
    • Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  13. slickvic

slickvic Well-Known Member

2011 Cross Country
    Somethings are worth waiting for. Then there are days when you never thought you would be buying a bike and Bam !
    Across the street from my neighborhood at Indian. 2016 Stealth X1 with 800 miles. Dam near a Virgin. Stickers and reflectors still on. Got it for $8k below the original sticker. Yep bought a bike that day.

• Winner Winner x 5
    • Like Like x 1
  14. NY mike

NY mike Well-Known Member

Indian chieftain - Harley Ultra
    I’m not paying over book for any motorcycle. But I’m patient to many Garage and trailer Queens out there of every brand. I’ve had 2 bikes since the middle 80,s. Don’t need one But I’m always looking for a steal. Like @slickvic right time right $ I’m buying. Hell I won’t even pay what their worth honestly

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  15. zingpow

zingpow Active Member

2003 victory kingpin
    nym...bingo...zp...

• Like Like x 1