VOG Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm quite sure someone better at math than me has already done the calculation....so once the LO FUEL light comes on, on a '07 Vegas, DOES ANYONE KNOW ROUGHLY HOW MANY MILES ARE LEFT?

·
Registered
35 Posts
I have not done the math but the most I have traveledwith the light on is50 Kilometers. Iknow you could go farther than this but I don't think I personally would push it to much more than that.I have heard people say80 K if your easy on the throttle

·
Registered
396 Posts
I have an '08 JP, same tank as an '07far as I know. The manual says the gas light comes on with .8 gallons remaining in the tank. If you average 40mpg (rough guesstimate)you should be good for 32miles/51kilometers.

·
Registered
7,141 Posts

Don't rely on your manual, ride till your light comes on and fill it up, note the amount of fuel on fill up, subtract from tank capacity 4.5 gal/US then work it out from there.
OT

·
Registered
2,923 Posts

On my 08 KP the light comes on with three litres remaining, you have to know what mileage you are getting too know how far you can go when light comes on.
Take my advise don't count on this if you are traveling any distance and fill up when you hit somewhere around 200 KMS, 125 miles that way you won't run out and have to send your riding buddy to get some fuel like I had to do twice on the same trip.
Hard on throttle will consume more gas
Regards
Mike

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.