How Many 1999 V92Cs Still Running | Page 2 | Victory Motorcycles: Motorcycle Forums

How Many 1999 V92Cs Still Running

Discussion in 'Other Victory Models' started by vzolov, Jul 1, 2020.

1. D J

D J Active Member

Type of Motorcycle Currently Riding:
    2000 V92 SC
    2000 v92 sc still running, just not with the original motor. 20200712_162525 (2).jpg

• Like Like x 1
  2. KLA

KLA Well-Known Member

2007 Victory Jackpot, 1999 Victory V92C Classic
    1999 V92C still running with original motor but upgraded transmission 20170526_192608.jpg

• Like Like x 4
  3. Daniel Corley

Daniel Corley New Member

99 victory the 92
    99V 92C 6000 miles love it. Check engine light flashing on and off at highway speed’s,not in idol.And an engine shutter at highway speed

Attached Files:

4. normthenomad

normthenomad Well-Known Member

2006 Kingpin,sold. 2006 Hammer, 2007 Hammer, 1997 Buell S1 Hammer performance 1275 crush setup.
    Pinwall, bikestrippers and several other salvage sites have a lot of the TC stuff for cheap.

• Like Like x 1
  5. MrMutt

MrMutt New Member

V92C 99
    I have a 99 it has 694 miles but was sitting for 20years in a barn in the works of

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 2
  6. Craig S

Craig S Member

2012 XC HB
    • Like Like x 1
  7. oldroadrunner

oldroadrunner Active Member

Betewen cities and states
    I Just now purchased a 2002 V92C Deluxe.

I have worked my way up from 250 cc / 500 cc / 650 CC / another 650 cc / triumph America 865 CC and now... taa daa this big ole' honkin' thing.

I am pretty good at mechanics for a do-it-yourselfer. Biggest successful project (Not the Vic) was splitting a case to replace xmission drive shaft cuz the drive gear nut stripped off. With this bike... I want ot learn how to do suspension work, especially how to service the forks.

My motorcycle has not been shipped here yet, and I have seen on this forum all the stuff I gotta look at. I feel like at the MOST, absolute most, including tires, if I spend like maybe a thousand dollars for fluids, clutch cable, throttle boots, plugs/wires, a couple special tools... since this bike has only 33K on it, I will keep this one awhile.

If it turns out that it is too big, too hard to muscle around the state park camp grounds which we use to go 'motel camping', or, if I find that I parked somewhere on a forward sloping hill and have to strain my guts out backing out.... like that kind of stuff, well, I will hold on to my Triumph America.

I do not worry much about 'what it is sellable for' compared to 'what I put in it'. Since I do it myself (except for tire mount on rims) mostly, I am in it for the fun of it, not the profit. Nothing can be harder than the quest for fun! Right? (Nitche)

QUESTION: How the heck can I tell what MODEL I actually have. Title says '2002 Kingp' yet... we all know they did not make kingpins til 2003, right? All the reviews I look at on-line show cast wheels not spokes. I wonder if my exhausts is stock or stage 1 or aftermarket or has baffles removed. I see my bike has wide whites on it but... I can't find ANY set of matching wide whites that are the correct 130/90 -16's or 160/80 - 16's. So, I guess my question should be... is there a sales brochure or something on this forum somewhere that helps us identify models. I have looked and looked but haven't mastered navigation I guess. 139079528_10158475889085379_1950805175509762383_o.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  8. Denny Pink

Denny Pink Member

Victory Crossroads and BMW R1100RSL
    OldRoadRunner - you have a 2002, first year of the "Freedom Engine" 92 cubic inch model called the V92C. With the spot lights, saddle bags, back rest, luggage rack, I think it was called the V92C Deluxe. I had one back in the day, wish I had kept it.
    DP

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  9. oldroadrunner

THANKS! It is not here yet, and, I am hoping that through the years it did not get the "make-me-loud" modification. Can you tell bby looking at the pipes if they are stock quiet or maybe not? You have seller's remorse, I may face the same thing with my Triumph America. Tracey and Donnie.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  10. Denny Pink

Denny Pink Member

Victory Crossroads and BMW R1100RSL
    oldroadrunner - the pipes on your V92 are aftermarket. Victory offered a high performance accessory muffler back then. The hole at the end of the muffler was a larger diameter for better engine breathing and a little more volume, (they did sound nice) the exterior sizes/shapes were the same. Google "Victory V92C" and you'll find several good reviews and stories about your bike.
    I traded my 2002 V92 for a 2006 Kingpin. On some V92's the large nut that holds the front drive sprocket can loosen over time. Red lock tight and about 150 foot pounds of torque fixed that!
    DP

Last edited: Feb 13, 2021
    • Useful Useful x 1
  11. oldroadrunner

Oh man... thanks for reminding me.

Similar story: with my New chain and front and rear sprockets and f-r brakes sept 1 2010.jpg Triumph, I replaced the front and rear sprockets. Knowinng the drive sprocket was gonna be on there tighter than the bark on a tree. So... I savd up for the electric impact wrench from Harbor Freight. I got a big socket. I took the socket to a machine shop and they ran it ofer the belt sander and eliminatedd the bevel so that the socket would fit over the slim nut holding on the drive cog. I got the bike all ready, it was up in the air. Back wheel and chain off. I plugged in the impact wrench and poised it in the air. And then I found the nut with my fingers... and then... I realized it was soooo loose that I could take it off without the impact wrench.

That is to say, I do not think that issue is specific to Victorys.

• Useful Useful x 2
  12. Craig S

Craig S Member

2012 XC HB
  13. vzolov

vzolov Active Member

1999 V92C / 2007 KP / 2014 XC
    This V92C belonged to a guy named Vosburgh back during ancient Victory history, maybe 2002 or so. I never saw it in person, but from the photos Mr. Vosburgh posted , I thought it was the best looking V92C ever. Obviously, it had that Indian vibe, but more than a decade before Indian's current resurrection. I hope it's still rolling down a highway somewhere...

Vosburgh 01.jpg

Vosburgh 02.jpg Vosburgh 03.jpg

• Like Like x 2
  14. Micah Bell

Micah Bell New Member

1999 Victory v92c
    I have bike #1083, which is giving me problems right now. I could REALLY use a mechanic that works for beers. I can afford beers at this point!

15. oldroadrunner

Well, you do not give us much to go on... city/state/isssue?

Depending on your wrenching ability... not much of it is hard.
    And... imho... the reason big shops want little to do cept tires batteries brakes and oil changes is that parts are a pita to get, and we clog up the arteries of their work flow and they have trouble justifying the search time and.... they might get it apart only to learn they are having an exceptionally tough time getting the part.

I mean, there does not seem to me to be anything dramatically different or obtuse about these m/c's. I have my 2002 V92C all apart (not motor/xmiss) and there is nothing there that is imponderable.

I could not afford my motorcycle(s) if I could not DIY.
    Even still, I wonder if I have grown weary of doing anything more'n oil change, brakes, battery.
    If I had a shop... that would be different.

Do you do ANY of it yourself?