VOG Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How do I measure my windshield? Is it from the top of the notch or the longest part
on bottom? I am wanting to order the Madstad system and I need to order a size 9 since
it is recommend for my height of 5 ft 8in, I think my stock may already the 9 inch and want to measure
it then I would only need to order the brackets correct?

·
Registered
46 Posts
I am 5' 10" have the smallest Madstad windshield and its tinted and its perfect to ride with during the day but at nite I would like to see thru it a little which you cant because of the tint. Other wise its perfect.

·
Registered
237 Posts
Following that method I have a 9inch stock windshield.. Madstad is suggesting 9inch for height
So I'm going to try brackets only and see how it works...
If you get smoke it will be hard to see at night. You may need more like a 6 to 7" shield to see over since their brackets cause the shield to sit higher so the measuring point will be different than just measuring the shield that is already mounted to the bike. It is possible that a 9" without using their adjustable brackets would work.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I just installed my brackets and I absolutely love it! My helmet does not get beat up on the freeway anymore! I should have done this a long time ago! Thank you everyone for your help!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.