VOG Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I washed my 2017 X-Country Tour and afterwards when I cranked the bike the check engine light came on and has stayed on for 3 days now. I've searched all over the net and have not found out how to reset this light. Can anyone please help? Thanks, Breezy

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
go to dealer and they can clear and if there is something wrong they can fix it for free under warranty
Thanks but that's what I'm trying to avoid. It's around a hundred miles to the nearest former dealer and I bought it used so they are not that enthusiastic about doing warranty work.

·
Premium Member
1,439 Posts
So what happens when all the dealers go away? I guess we're screwed.

·
Registered
2,346 Posts
Dealer fix, sorry.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Well crap....that is a bit worrisome. The bike runs too good for it to be a big problem and my guess is that something just got a little wet and all it needs is the fault cleared. Thanks everyone.

·
Premium Member
1,439 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks for the link, I found them on E-bay for around $35.00 from China. It sure would be nice to find somebody who has used one. I couldn't find any reviews on them. I guess the first thing I need to do is to find the plug-in on my bike.

·
Premium Member
1,439 Posts

·
Registered
865 Posts
Seems strange that there's not a way to reset it. Unplug for time period? Can't, shouldn't be no way to reset them IMO

·
Registered
838 Posts
If it bother you that much just put a piece of electrical tape over it and ride it till it dries out. :fiddy:

Reactions: Tenax66

·
Registered
23,463 Posts
100 mile ride to the dealer? Well, it's a good thing you bought a touring bike... for those long rides like that... or maybe you can trailer it there and back...

Sounds like an excuse to go for a little ride to me.

Also, you can clean the bike without a water hose. I can't remember the last time I washed the bike... with water... but I keep it pristinely clean.

·
Registered
1,716 Posts
The OBD2 can only be used on the 07 and earlier bikes ... 08 and up HAS to go to a dealer or shop that has access to Digital Wrench. I know we have been trying to get access to it for quite some time. Sad that even after Polaris screwed us all by giving up on the bikes, they wont give people like us, Rylan, etc .. the access to Digital Wrench so we can continue to care for the Victory Brand, since they wont.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
H
100 mile ride to the dealer? Well, it's a good thing you bought a touring bike... for those long rides like that... or maybe you can trailer it there and back...

Sounds like an excuse to go for a little ride to me.

Also, you can clean the bike without a water hose. I can't remember the last time I washed the bike... with water... but I keep it pristinely clean.
half_Crazy....you are so hardcore. You must be one of those "real bikers" like I see on TV. I'm really impressed and a little bit intimidated........

·
Registered
23,463 Posts
half_Crazy....you are so hardcore. You must be one of those "real bikers" like I see on TV. I'm really impressed and a little bit intimidated........
Tongue in cheek...

If washing the bike throws a code, maybe you should look into some waterproofing measures on the electronics... riding in the rain may do it too. It'd be a b!tch to have to go to the dealer every time the bike gets wet.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.