1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
330 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wenow have an option foryou discerning riders looking
for a top quality rack made right here in the good 'ol US
of A that's built fromlightweight aircraft billet aluminum
and that is both highlyfunctional as well as good looking,not to mentionwith the best chrome you've
ever seen.The terriblyfinished OEM racks that Kuryakyn makes in Chinafor Victory simply don'tcompare to our
offerings.
Trunk versions for the CC/CR platforms are coming this
week too in both styles for the same price the factory offers them... plus we give VOG members 10% off, so
they're not only better, they're even less expensive! Plus
you can get also get ours in gloss black powder coat as
the other standard finish,
not to mention wecan doanyother powder coated color
you could want.
These are raw pics of the backrest versions and they are
right now at the chromer being plated. The first run is
limited and many are already spoken for, so if you want
to get one of them I suggest getting your order in now.
Hope you like 'em.

Here's what they'll look likechromed...

·
Registered
2,518 Posts
They look great. Do you guys sell backrests as well, or will I have to buy the factory one.

·
Registered
2,518 Posts

dsjr70 said:
Can you do them in powder coat or black paint?
Cycleopsmentioned powdercoating them in any color you want (near the bottom of the speel)

·
Registered
330 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

Wow guys, just hit send! Thouht it would tak a litle longer to gt the qustions flowing...guess not, huh?
Sorry, no backrests at this time, ad noplans to do thn since on that at least the factoy does a decent job.
Ok,yes, they're available in gloss black and show chrome as standard finishes, but I do keep raw ones on hand for custom powder coat colorsfor special orders.
I'm waiting on the chormer to give me the final price,but the targted nuber is the sae as the OEM at $499 ad $450 to you gus aftr the VOG member discount I offer. If the chromer sticks it to me, I don't fosee goig over $530 list.
As for being afraid to use them, don't... I've got that covered. We offer these custom hnnd made internallybungeed stretch over vinyl covers also that leave all bugee points accessible from below.

·
Registered
1,366 Posts
Wish you had those wings for a two-up KP...

·
Registered
154 Posts
I have liked the flying V for a while now but was concerned that the holes in the wings were too small to get a bungee cord hook through them. Do you have any pictures of various items strapped down to these racks like a sleeping bag or case of beer?

·
Registered
330 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·

CVI-Cowboy said:
I have liked the flying V for a while now but was concerned that the holes in the wings were too small to get a bungee cord hook through them. Do you have any pictures of various items strapped down to these racks like a sleeping bag or case of beer?
Glad you like 'em Cowboy. I designed the cutouts in the wing expressly for bungees and the slots are almost 3/8" wide, which should be more than accomodating formost anybungee hooks. If you use some oddball bungees with overly large hooks for some reason you could always use a loop in and around the hole to hook to, but I really can't see this being necessary. I don't have a stable of bikes here, so sorry, no loaded pics.

·
Registered
330 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·

Gloss black powder coatedbackrest Retro and Winged Vracksare in stock no and ready for immediate shipment. Price in gloss black is$389 list, with a discounted memberprice of only $350.10!

·
Registered
330 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·

These trunk racks are also now in stock in gloss black powder coat and chrome versions will be here in 10 days or so.
Black trunk racks list for $359 and $499 in chrome. Mounting kits are $30 in black and $39 in chrome. Of course VOG Members get 10% off.

·
Registered
330 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·

The first of the passenger backrest racks are starting to trickle in. Note the lack of lines and pulls in the mirror smooth finishes. This is how true triple show chrome is supposed to be done.

·
Registered
1,729 Posts
CycleOpsUSA said:
Gloss black powder coatedbackrest Retro and Winged Vracksare in stock no and ready for immediate shipment. Price in gloss black is$389 list, with a discounted memberprice of only $350.10!

Hello Mr. Cycleopsusa do you have black racks for the Vision w/ mounting studs ?

·
Registered
330 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·

marty said:
Hello Mr. Cycleopsusa do you have black racks for the Vision w/ mounting studs ?
Hey thereMarty, not sure what you mean by 'mounting studs'. I have been offering the Vision trunk racks for some time now, those being the ones with 4 vertical legs underneath to sit on the trunk if those are what you're referring to, and very soon we will have the Vision backrest racks ready with the two forward reaching 'arms' to attached to the Street passenger backrests.
This is a pic of the current Vision trunk rack mounting arrangement.

1 - 20 of 47 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.