VOG Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,850 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Baggers Magazine has posted an initial review of the Cross Country/Cross Roads bikes. A link to the full story is below.

In this story, there is a Question and Answer section with the Reporter and a Victory Representative. A few of these caught my attention and here are some excerpts:

Baggers: Was feedback from Vision owners involved?
Victory: Victory has always stayed in touch with current owners, and Vision owners. Through surveys and outreach we confirmed the importance of comfort and ride position.

Baggers: The Cross Country and Cross Roads appear to be based on the Vision chassis, as the wheelbase is the same for the Vision and Cross models as well as the general look. What changes were made to the chassis to make the Cross models?
Victory: Not correct-the new motorcycles come on a 100 percent new frame more appropriate for this touring machine using Victory's CORE Technology.

Baggers: What is the saddlebag capacity? Are they removable? Lockable?
Victory: They are quick release, lockable with the ignition key, and weather proof. They are removable via two, three quarter turn fasteners, however this is only for cleaning and maintenance-the motorcycle is designed to roll with saddlebags attached.

Baggers: On the rear, is there a tip over mechanism? Is there something else that prevents damage from tip-overs, a la the Vision?
Victory: We have an optional rear tip-over assist that will reduce damage in the event the bike falls at parking lot speeds.

Baggers: Are the brake calipers linked? We see there are two four-piston units up front compared to Vision's three-piston units.
Victory: The brakes are not a linked system on the new models. Our research indicated that this feature was not as desirable on this type of motorcycle as it was on the larger touring machines.

Here's the link to the full story:

http://www.baggersmag.com/features/0910_hrbp_2010_victory_cross_country_and_cross_roads/index.html

·
Registered
807 Posts
I subscribe to the mag, and I've partially read the article. I'd say the mag is an HD aftermarket advertising pet, but one of their writers always includes photos of his Kingpin with his articles.

·
Registered
5,880 Posts
Dimonback said:
I subscribe to the mag, and I've partially read the article. I'd say the mag is an HD aftermarket advertising pet, but one of their writers always includes photos of his Kingpin with his articles.
Very - very interesting. Good observation Brutha.

·
Premium Member
3,850 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Dimonback said:
Do you think that H-D and related aftermarket suppliers have reduced their ad spending and the magazines are trying to "make nice" with other potential advertisers?

·
Registered
4,895 Posts

I want to hear about the ride on these machines.

·
Registered
12,236 Posts
I finally got to see one today at Thunder in the Streets and to be honest I am still not impressed. They had it sitting next to a Kingpin tour and except for the bags the Kingpin still looks better. Just my opinion...

·
Registered
807 Posts

Andy said:
Dimonback said:
Do you think that H-D and related aftermarket suppliers have reduced their ad spending and the magazines are trying to "make nice" with other potential advertisers?
Not really. As we all know, aftermarket for Vics is a tiny segment and there are a helluva lot more custom HDs out there than Victorys. I think the mag is just using what they find, and Mr. Placa is an anomaly in the genre who happens to own a Kingpin.

·
Registered
807 Posts

dsjr70 said:
I finally got to see one today at Thunder in the Streets and to be honest I am still not impressed. They had it sitting next to a Kingpin tour and except for the bags the Kingpin still looks better. Just my opinion...
Did you sit on one, D? Knock it around a bit, check the ergos? I was very comfortable right off the bat, and thought it felt like a lighter weight Vision. To knock 200 pounds off the Vision and maintain the comfort levelwould make one hot little ride. LOL... of course I admit to being in lust with it, just like I was when I first saw it.

·
Registered
12,236 Posts
The sitting position was good, everything about the bike seems good. It just doesn't move me when I look at it. The Vision was cutting edge in looks, the Vegas was sleek looking and the Kingpin was bold styling. The CC and CR just dont catch me like the other Victory's did when I first seen them. Like I said above it is just my opinion, I am sure they are great bikes (all Vics are solid) they just dont have that gotta have it factor for me. I do like the hardbags though..

·
Registered
5,880 Posts
Dimonback said:
dsjr70 said:
..... of course I admit to being in lust with it, just like I was when I first saw it.
I second that motion. Improved batwing type fairing, 106 cu. in., generous hard-bags,
torque, 6 speed, comfort oozing everywhere ...... come on!!!!!!

·
Premium Member
3,850 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
irnbt said:
I noticed that there is mention of an optional tip over assist...I can't seem to find it on the Vic website...has anyone seen it or know what it costs
Yes! I was wondering if I was the only one who noticed that! It was in the story and that was the first I've heard of the Optional Tip Over Assists.

Hello Factory? Communication = Good!

Baggers:On the rear, is there a tip over mechanism? Is there something else that prevents damage from tip-overs, a la the Vision?
Victory:We have an optional rear tip-over assist that will reduce damage in the event the bike falls at parking lot speeds.

·
Premium Member
3,850 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
advntrus said:
I'm not sure why the "tip-over-assist" is so popular. Does everyone else ride drunk?
Shawn
Have you ever seen someone who forgot to extend the kickstand? How about a bike that's parked on asphalt on a very hot Summer day? (That happened to me once many years ago).

I started a new thread about the Optional Tip Over Assist. Here's a link:

http://thevog.net/forums/display_topic/id_2660/

·
Premium Member
3,850 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
advntrus said:
Guess I haven't pulled "That" stunt yet, but time isn't on my side either...lol
Shawn
I'm glad you haven't experienced that "embarrassing" moment...yet!

But you've got to admit, with all the buzz created by the Vision's Tip Over Protection, that we would expect that future Vics would have this feature. After all, it's one of the features that riders of other brands comment positively about the Vision.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.