VOG Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm having a horrible whining sound from the front end, sound like a bad trans whine but it isn't the trans, gets loud with speed, anyone ever have this?

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Update the sound started today I was riding 2 up with my fiance' now keep in mind she is petit and this sounds horrible but I doubt the extra little weight would be a issue, dropped her off home went for a ride and it 100% stopped lol idk what's going on

·
Registered
417 Posts
I got rid of a lot of unwanted excess noise and whining by going to a solo seat. Sounds like maybe you might have a similar problem? :D
And me , The wife's not allowed on the back any more :lol:

·
Premium Member
7,876 Posts
not the road.
You either have a belt out of alignment or maybe shock is to week and your rubbing on the inside of your rear fender. get a flashlight lay on ground and look for rubbing look on the inside top of fender

·
Registered
8,075 Posts
  • Haha
Reactions: Cobra Rider

·
Registered
8,075 Posts
@CCTRudy no never but the bike gets that a lot but rarely if ever do I get "The Look Cool" bit

• Haha
Reactions: BoilerMan

·
Registered
603 Posts
Hey Zippy
Last summer I put on a set of Elite 4's. They ride real nice but occasionally made a lot of noise. It almost seems like if the temperature and texture of the pavement are just right those tires really sing.
At first I thought it might be a front wheel bearing but there was no grinding feel and the wheel was tight when I pulled over. It didn't happen all the time and I still haven't pinned it down to what pavement conditions do it.
When I get back on the road this year I'll pay more attention to the conditions but I'm sure my noise is the tires. I wouldn't rule that out on yours.
But, the next time you get that noise, if you think of it, pull in the clutch and report back. It will surely make someone feel better.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.