VOG Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,850 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In advance of the Geneva Motor Show, Honda has released photos of it's environmentally-friendly, zero emissions, electric trike.

This concept uses a low center of gravity drive train for stability and high sides for visibility. The windshield folds into a canopy when not in use.

Again, this is just a concept and unless something changes, it will stay on the drawing board for the time being.

·
Premium Member
3,850 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
racky said:
ANDY ARE YA READY TO TRADE IN YER SPYDER???
Not yet as I'm pretty happy with it so far. I'm looking forward to installing the Utopia Backrest on it shortly and tweaking the front shocks a bit to find the sweet spot.

·
Registered
2,995 Posts
that just looks really cool. I doubt that model will ever make it to the street though.

·
Registered
7,186 Posts
Am I the only one that doesn't like it? I'd rather be caught riding a scooter.

·
Registered
4,867 Posts
bikendad said:
Im with ya Dad, think its something out of star wars and id hate to get hit in it. At least on a bike you can bail out ! looks like a little death trap to me.

·
Registered
396 Posts
Andy said:
From the side view, it looks a bit like a stapler...

...but I like it!
Man I'm such a geek I can't help but love stuff like this. I would have to have this in my garage just for those days when I want to get out and get coffee at Panera Bread with those gray hair'd Harley dudes are there, who have already been freaked out by my Vision. Lot's of fun there, and you'd get lots of looks. It needs a back tire as fat as your Spyder thought Andy, I would feel much better with a footprint like that... does this thing lean?

·
Registered
396 Posts
Bhayes said:
That's an exhaust? Let me go research this thing.
Not much information available as of the latest news released four hours ago other than, the vehicle is solely battery powered, has cells on the roof to recharge itself when parked, and is pretty much only an urban vehicle. (Powerful three wheeled Segway), kinda of thing. If you live in S.F., N.Y., and the like, perfect for jaunting around at about 25 mph for errands. Very green, which is cool.

·
Premium Member
3,850 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Bhayes said:
Bhayes said:
That's an exhaust? Let me go research this thing.
Not much information available as of the latest news released four hours ago other than, the vehicle is solely battery powered, has cells on the roof to recharge itself when parked, and is pretty much only an urban vehicle. (Powerful three wheeled Segway), kinda of thing. If you live in S.F., N.Y., and the like, perfect for jaunting around at about 25 mph for errands. Very green, which is cool.
Yeah, but if you add the Stage 1 kit, you'll get it up to 30 mph!

·
Registered
6,128 Posts

bikendad said:
You're not the only one....I hate it as well. An enclosed riding compartment? An actual chair to sit in? a steering wheel? That is a baby car.

·
Registered
396 Posts
phoenix9 said:
bikendad said:
You're not the only one....I hate it as well. An enclosed riding compartment? An actual chair to sit in? a steering wheel? That is a baby car.
True... maybe for the E-Trade baby, that would be funny!!

·
Premium Member
3,850 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
phoenix9 said:
Look at the photos again. It's NOT an enclosed riding compartment. That's the windshield.

The shield is designed to fold down to lock the compartment when not in use.

This way, no travel cover is needed!

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.