VOG Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,276 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here's some cross country riding that will keep your attention!! (I don't watch amny the whole way thru but this one kept me on for 20 min)

This is amazing! Stamina and technique.

·
Registered
1,135 Posts
Wow, I am amazed.

·
Registered
5,880 Posts
I've been following European Enduro's for a number of years. These guyz are "HARDCORE!!!" They are off the charts tough & crazy!!

Check out the Erzberg Rodeo on Youtube!

Good find!!

·
Registered
1,276 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
ddawg said:
I've been following European Enduro's for a number of years. These guyz are "HARDCORE!!!" They are off the charts tough & crazy!!

Check out the Erzberg Rodeo on Youtube!

Good find!!
I aint no City Slicker LOLOL YIKESEROONIES ON SOME OF THESE HILL CLIMBS! (Pardon caps)

Here's your Erzberg!

·
Registered
4,867 Posts
Very cool thanks Syd, that really brings back some great memories for me.
Some of the most fun ive ever had on a bike was when i raced enduro's in Michigan and Wisconsin. Nothing for days at a time but Hairy non the less.
Ive got to dig out some of my old woods riding pictures and put them up.
Maybe my next bike will be another Honda XR 600 Gees do they still make it?
Thanks again Syd.

·
Registered
4,867 Posts
If there is anyone on this site that has not seen the movie "On any Sunday"
I highly recommend getting it. It is a fantastic movie.
It was made i think in the early 70s maybe 71 by Bruce Brown.
Its kind of a motorcycle documentary, featuring all forms of racing. Including footage of the Blackwater, one of the baddest Enduro' around. And footage of Steve MCQueen and Malcom Smith.
One of my Fav's

·
Registered
5,880 Posts
Clubford00 said:
Its kind of a motorcycle documentary, featuring all forms of racing. Including footage of the Blackwater, one of the baddest Enduro' around. And footage of Steve MCQueen and Malcom Smith.
One of my Fav's
Copy that!!! Here's a good one for ya (some inside scoop). Steve McQueen was so proud of his "off-road" riding skills (he was an avid off-road Enduro rider) - during the filming of "The Great Escape" he demanded that the riding of a motorcycle be included in the escape part - and he would do all the stunt work. The director did not want to do it - but McQueen insisted. Watch the film - pay close attention to when Steve jumps barbed wire & then slides both his bike & himself into the concertina wire! Pretty cool knowing it's McQueen himself.

Here's some more cool McQueen trivia. He would compete in local Southern California races on the weekend - but did not want anyone to know it was him. So, Steve would register & compete under the alias of "Harvey Mushman!" They've actually named an Enduro race after him called the "Mushman 100." Useless but cool trivia.

·
Registered
4,867 Posts

ddawg said:
Clubford00 said:
One of my Fav's
Copy that!!! Here's a good one for ya (some inside scoop). Steve McQueen was so proud of his "off-road" riding skills (he was an avid off-road Enduro rider) - during the filming of "The Great Escape" he demanded that the riding of a motorcycle be included in the escape part - and he would do all the stunt work. The director did not want to do it - but McQueen insisted. Watch the film - pay close attention to when Steve jumps barbed wire & then slides both his bike & himself into the concertina wire! Pretty cool knowing it's McQueen himself.

Here's some more cool McQueen trivia. He would compete in local Southern California races on the weekend - but did not want anyone to know it was him. So, Steve would register & compete under the alias of "Harvey Mushman!" They've actually named an Enduro race after him called the "Mushman 100." Useless but cool trivia.
ddawg im sorry to go against your post , however the stunt Jump in the great escape was actually performed by Steves close friend and personal stunt man bud Ekins. Bud also Doubled for Steve in most of the high speed driving stunts in the movie bullit.
Bud Died at age 77 of Natural causes in 2007

·
Registered
5,880 Posts
Clubford00 said:
ddawg said:
Clubford00 said:
One of my Fav's

ddawg im sorry to go against your post , however the stunt Jump in the great escape was actually performed by Steves close friend and personal stunt man bud Ekins. Bud also Doubled for Steve in most of the high speed driving stunts in the movie bullit.
Bud Died at age 77 of Natural causes in 2007

Damnit!!! You mean they lied to me??? I was watching "TCM" (Turner Classic Movies)
several years ago (the Great Escape was on) & the older gentleman that hosts the show gave all kinds background & inside scoop on the show. The above info. I gave about Steve McQueen came directly from that gentleman on TCM. Drat!!!! I'm humiliated & publicly dismayed!!!!! I could'a been sumthin'!!! I could'a been a champ!!!

Thx Club-dawg!!

·
Registered
1,276 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Walt from Streetmasters did a lot of the riding in "On Any Sunday". He had the helmet cam duct taped to his helmet. Talk about old school!

I'm friends with Walt & Nancy(hercbr on pashnit) and have done the Streetmasters 2x. Awesome deal and fun to get on a track and learn good technique.

Bullitt & Great Escape have always been 2 of my fave movies. Those & John Wayne. They don't make em like they used to that's for sure.

·
Registered
2,518 Posts
Wicked Video's. I'm wore out just watching them. IMHO these guys are the best riders on the planet & are better than any trick rider out there.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.