VOG Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone, noob here, just got my Octane a week ago before they go extinct!! (sad really).. bought it new from an older guy, only 58 miles on it. Main question here, the bike makes what i can describe like a hising noise all the time. The noise that i makes when you turn the key over before you crank, like the fuel pump noise when its turned on fro a few seconds when it cuts off, well yes it does that noise all the time when the engine is running, i put my ear to the tank and i hear the noise coming from inside? Is it normal noise? normal that the fuel pump is always engaged and that loud?.
another question as the bike did not come with a manual, how do i set the time on the speedometer? and whats the service (oil change) intervals? That is all for now. Thank you!

·
Premium Member
7,876 Posts
open gas cap when you hear it. If it stops check vent hole
find dealer and see what they say bike will need 500 mile check up. Did you get owners book there is a trick to check the oil

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
open gas cap when you hear it. If it stops check vent hole
find dealer and see what they say bike will need 500 mile check up. Did you get owners book there is a trick to check the oil
just did it, it definitely sounds like the fuel pump. noise did not go away, i heard it even louder

·
Super Moderator
26,128 Posts
Wherever the button is that toggles you through the display settings press and hold that while on the lifetime odometer. If it is the same as other Vics this will being you to set the time. Then press the same button to select the hour. Then to move press and hold the button again to move to the minutes and do the same thing. When you're done press and hold to finish.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Page 30 of the Owner's Manual. I believe you can go to Victory's website and download the Owner's' Manual for free.

Instruments, Features and Controls
Instrument Cluster
Multi-Function Display
Clock
Tip: The clock must be reset any time the battery has been disconnected or discharged.
1. Turn the key to the ON position. Use the mode button to toggle to the odometer display.
2. Press and hold the mode button until the hour segment flashes. Release the button.
3. With the segment flashing, tap the mode button to advance to the desired setting.
4. Press and hold the mode button until the next segment flashes. Release the button.
5. Repeat steps 3-4 twice to set the 10-minute and 1-minute segments. After completing the
1-minute segment, step 4 will save the new settings and exit the clock mode.

·
Registered
23,463 Posts
To quiet the fuel pump, put an ounce to ounce and a half of Marvel's Mystery Oil in the gas at fill up. After a couple of tanks you will notice the fuel pump is nice and quiet.

Gasoline these days has no lubrication to it. Some lube for that fuel pump will not only quiet it, it will live longer.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
To quiet the fuel pump, put an ounce to ounce and a half of Marvel's Mystery Oil in the gas at fill up. After a couple of tanks you will notice the fuel pump is nice and quiet.

Gasoline these days has no lubrication to it. Some lube for that fuel pump will not only quiet it, it will live longer.
I wish the was was a 2 stroke to do this :biggrin:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.