VOG Forum banner

Hill Country Possibility

2409 39
The wife will be going to Kansas City on a business trip from November 3rd to November 6th. This has me thinking about taking a run for the Hills. Literally. I considered a ride into and around Arkansas, but time constraints might make that a little tough. But as of right now, I plan to ride to Kerrville Thursday afternoon and stay until Sunday Morning. This will be without the wife, of course, so I have no plans other than to ride whichever way my nose points and just take my time doing whatever comes to hand. I plan to plan nothing. And I want to take the time to relax and enjoy a type of riding I usually don't do with her.

. All that being said, I put this out there for anyone interested in joining me. I plan to leave home about 12:30 to 1 on Thursday. I will have to return, leaving Kerrville about 7 AM Sunday. Of course, this is my schedule, but we can meet in Kerrville or anywhere along the way. Or, you come up on your own time table, Friday, Saturday, whatever. If this something you think you might want to do, speak up. Here, and/or send a PM. I will provide my Phone # and email and we can talk about it. Of course, the weather can be a factor, so although I already have my Hotel reservation, the ride is not necessarily set in stone. But, anything short of a monsoon or blizzard and I plan to go. Cold I don't so much mind, but rain and cold is another matter all together.
Reactions: ETrider and Kurbs
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
1,775 Posts
Brother, that sounds great. I wish I could join you but I won't be able to pull away at this time. I think going out to ride each day without a destination in the hill country will be amazing!

·
Premium Member
6,933 Posts
The wife will be going to Kansas City on a business trip from November 3rd to November 6th. This has me thinking about taking a run for the Hills. Literally. I considered a ride into and around Arkansas, but time constraints might make that a little tough. But as of right now, I plan to ride to Kerrville Thursday afternoon and stay until Sunday Morning. This will be without the wife, of course, so I have no plans other than to ride whichever way my nose points and just take my time doing whatever comes to hand. I plan to plan nothing. And I want to take the time to relax and enjoy a type of riding I usually don't do with her.

. All that being said, I put this out there for anyone interested in joining me. I plan to leave home about 12:30 to 1 on Thursday. I will have to return, leaving Kerrville about 7 AM Sunday. Of course, this is my schedule, but we can meet in Kerrville or anywhere along the way. Or, you come up on your own time table, Friday, Saturday, whatever. If this something you think you might want to do, speak up. Here, and/or send a PM. I will provide my Phone # and email and we can talk about it. Of course, the weather can be a factor, so although I already have my Hotel reservation, the ride is not necessarily set in stone. But, anything short of a monsoon or blizzard and I plan to go. Cold I don't so much mind, but rain and cold is another matter all together.
My old stomping grounds. I used to work in Kerrville and lived in Center Point and Medinah County. Wish I could join you on this one! Great ride through Bandera, Comfort, Camp Verde area where the rock cliff is shaped like Texas...had 17 acres right there, Center Point, Kerrville, Fredericksburg, Johnson City, then up to Leakey. 450 acres in Medinah way up, on my little ranch we used to hunt for big boar and mountain lions. Some excellent riding roads there! Take some pics!

·
Registered
6,869 Posts
My old stomping grounds. I used to work in Kerrville and lived in Center Point and Medinah County. Wish I could join you on this one! Great ride through Bandera, Comfort, Camp Verde area where the rock cliff is shaped like Texas...had 17 acres right there, Center Point, Kerrville, Fredericksburg, Johnson City, then up to Leakey. 450 acres in Medinah way up, on my little ranch we used to hunt for big boar and mountain lions. Some excellent riding roads there! Take some pics!
If you still have land down there and need an adopted son to live there for you I don't mind filling in.

·
Registered
6,869 Posts

I missed out on this once before thanks to having a dog. I miss the times when I could just disappear on the weekends. I miss riding out that way and when I did I never had a route planned just turned down random roads to see where they lead to. Hopefully one of these days we will be able to meet up for some spirited riding.

·
Registered
9,549 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well, you could let that nice Korean family down the road take care of your dog while you're away. You have a month, think it over. Be happy to see you there.

• Haha
Reactions: Kurbs and FoFo

·
Registered
6,869 Posts
Well, you could let that nice Korean family down the road take care of your dog while you're away. You have a month, think it over. Be happy to see you there.
Ok I had to go back and look at the dates totally skipped over them. Yea I would've had enough time to have planned for my mom to dog sit. Then again my dog is big enough that it would've probably fed the Korean family for damn near a year.

Back to those dates I'm conflicted due to the other love in my life (hunting season). That weekend happens to be opening weekend sorry man. Every since I've gotten my motorcycle I always feel guilty leaving her for the deer stand. That all changes though when I get settled in and start seeing deer.

·
Registered
9,549 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Yeah, I get that. Hunted most of my life. I'd rather fish now, though. I love being in the woods, it's kind of like a second home, but it's not as challenging I guess when I can walk outside and there's a whole herd laying in my front yard. They are great to watch. There's the little ones, the yearlings, the young bucks and their fights, then the old does and the old bucks. All behave very differently. I've thought about trying to feed one of them and get it to come in and eat out of hand. My wife would get a big kick out of that. But, then, they'll never go away and my shrubs and plants would be in ruin. As it is, I have to limit what I put in the front yard. They will either rub it or eat it.

Reactions: jwfuchs1

·
Premium Member
6,933 Posts
Yeah, I get that. Hunted most of my life. I'd rather fish now, though. I love being in the woods, it's kind of like a second home, but it's not as challenging I guess when I can walk outside and there's a whole herd laying in my front yard. They are great to watch. There's the little ones, the yearlings, the young bucks and their fights, then the old does and the old bucks. All behave very differently. I've thought about trying to feed one of them and get it to come in and eat out of hand. My wife would get a big kick out of that. But, then, they'll never go away and my shrubs and plants would be in ruin. As it is, I have to limit what I put in the front yard. They will either rub it or eat it.
back in Camp Verde we used to leave corn and watermelon rinds out. Those and the turkeys would clamor for them.

Never figured why those deer loved melon rinds but its like crap to a fly for some reason

·
Registered
9,549 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Just giving this a refresh. Fifteen more days till my ride. If there are any takers, let me know. At this point, the weather looks good for that weekend, but it's early. 3Rd through the 6th of November.

·
Premium Member
6,933 Posts
update: I'm stuck in Yankeeland. You suck. Are you gonna be there all 4 days riding? Itll take me a day and a half to get there but if weather is halfway decent between here and there I'll see about it. Be nice to do.

·
Registered
9,549 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Well, don't hurt yourself, it's an open invite. If we have a chance to meet up, that would be great.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.