VOG Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just purchased a low mile, 2012 Highball private party. When I was looking at the bike I noticed the rear left and right blinkers were not working. The owner said he didn't know why they were not working. I get it home and start tinkering around, took the seat off and started looking at the fuses and the wiring under the rear fender. I noticed one brown wire just hanging. It has a terminal but I do not see any place where it would go. BTW, when I turn on the blinkers both front blinkers work and flash pretty fast.

I took the seat off and see an Anger Management Tuner installed and some plugs disconnected. I thought about plugging them in but figured it ran fine on the way home from the purchase so I'm reaching out here to see what this group might say. Thoughts?

Attachments

·
Registered
2,173 Posts
Step number 1: Download the manual @Mediafire Bbob a member has loaded all the Victory manuals. Thanks again Bbob.
Personally I'm not good at electrics.
Someone who is will be along shortly I'm sure.
Congratulations on the Gunner and welcome to the VOG.
Victory, the motorcycle I always wanted.

·
Registered
300 Posts
Welcome to the VOG. I can only recommend you download a manual here MediaFire, courtesy ob Bbob. Hopefully with your front blinkers flashing quickly you either have blown bulbs or the rear ones are just disconnected.
Rob

·
Registered
4,559 Posts
The fronts blink fast because the rear aren't on. If the harness is damaged beneath the fender it could cause blown fuses, lights not to work and other issues. You can remove the harness from the seat back to the tail light and the signals, there's a plastic cover where the connectors are behind the tail light. I found removing the fender with everything attached to be pretty easy and straightforward. Visual inspection and checking the wires for continuity on both ends might tell you where the issue is. Are all of the signals stock? You can also probe the connector that the rear harness is plugged into to check the tail, brake and both signals. 12v to ground when the associated switch is closed. You can move the wires to the side to hopefully prevent future issues from rubbing when the shock bottoms out.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The fronts blink fast because the rear aren't on. If the harness is damaged beneath the fender it could cause blown fuses, lights not to work and other issues. You can remove the harness from the seat back to the tail light and the signals, there's a plastic cover where the connectors are behind the tail light. I found removing the fender with everything attached to be pretty easy and straightforward. Visual inspection and checking the wires for continuity on both ends might tell you where the issue is. Are all of the signals stock? You can also probe the connector that the rear harness is plugged into to check the tail, brake and both signals. 12v to ground when the associated switch is closed. You can move the wires to the side to hopefully prevent future issues from rubbing when the shock bottoms out.
I'll take a look, thanks for the advice. I know the fuses are good and all the other lights work so there's got to be a disconnect or burned out bulbs. The turn signal lights do not look stock. They might be LED, I'll have to dig in to see. I was reading that some folks say to add an equalizer. Since I just bought the bike I'm not sure where it would be located since the previous owner has no clue...I'll poke around some more. Thanks for the help!

·
Registered
6,343 Posts
I took the seat off and see an Anger Management Tuner installed and some plugs disconnected. I thought about plugging them in but figured it ran fine on the way home from the purchase so I'm reaching out here to see what this group might say. Thoughts?
Congrats and welcome to the VOG

The round plugs are for the rear 02 sensor, you'll find another under the front ot the engine near the regulator. They are unplugged because you have a piggyback tuner, leave them unplugged.

The wire with the cover, I believe that is for OEM HID headlight. There are a couple more option/accessory plugs throughout the harness.

·
Registered
4,559 Posts
More pics are always welcome. Show us the signals and we'll let you know.

·
Registered
4,559 Posts
Just looked closer at the first pics. Those look to be bullet lights,not stock. Not sure if led or incandescent

1 - 8 of 8 Posts