VOG Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
550 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I opened the fairing on my XCT to remove the cruise control switch because it disintegrated. I also raised the bars to the highest point. Now my high beam comes on with the ignition! Any suggestions as to where to start my troubleshooting? TIA

·
Registered
4,559 Posts
is it possible you plugged them in backwards?

• Winner
Reactions: 53canuck and BenD

·
Registered
2,063 Posts
Wires too tight to the high beam switch and/or a shorted wire on the bars you moved. If the problem is not obvious, meter it out but I would have to think it's local to the last thing you did right in that area.

·
Registered
550 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Wires too tight to the high beam switch and/or a shorted wire on the bars you moved. If the problem is not obvious, meter it out but I would have to think it's local to the last thing you did right in that area.
Thanks for the advice. I'll get on it tomorrow.

·
Registered
1,543 Posts
You don't say, nor does your profile, but is that a 2012 XC? IIRC, they came with the halogen low-beam and HID low-beam wiring pre-wired, could you have plugged in the low-beam wire to your high-beam bulb?

·
Registered
550 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
You don't say, nor does your profile, but is that a 2012 XC? IIRC, they came with the halogen low-beam and HID low-beam wiring pre-wired, could you have plugged in the low-beam wire to your high-beam bulb?
My sig does have my bike's info. And in fact what you described is exactly what I did. I thought I had tucked it behind the main harness after disconnecting the cruise control switch. Thanks for setting me straight.

·
Registered
550 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Maybe the momentary/flash the high beam switch is stuck on.
Thanks for chiming in, HC, but the problem was me being inattentive and connecting the low beam wire to the high beam bulb.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.