VOG Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Blessings to you all! I have a 2009 Hammer S and was wanting to install a HID conversion kit within the stock headlight. Can it be done and where can I get it? Thank you in advance for the knowledge.

·
Registered
2,719 Posts
I may be wrong (I have before and most likely will be again) but isn't that a Victory option? I think you may need to change the bucket and use the HID kit from the Kingpin. Your dealer should be able to figure that out.

·
Registered
4,500 Posts
Vic does sell the kit for the Hammer, I installed one on my 07 Hammer S. Good instructions, easy if you take your time. They give you a new assembly (the glass part with the bulbs in it) that fits in the same housing. You have to take the tank off.

·
Registered
4,500 Posts

bassman12 said:
Is the HID conversion worth the money ?
Yes, day or night you are seen better and will see better
Does itseen annoy on coming traffic ?
It can, but you will be seen. Also can bug the car in front of you sometimes
Its pretty expensive, is there that much more light ? Im thinking of it.
Like night and day!!

·
Registered
4,500 Posts
There is a few guys on the VMC that have purchased one on E-Bay that was less expensive than the Vic one. You can go there and do a search to find out, don't think they were plug and play.

·
Registered
47 Posts
stilcrazee said:
I may be wrong (I have before and most likely will be again) but isn't that a Victory option? I think you may need to change the bucket and use the HID kit from the Kingpin. Your dealer should be able to figure that out.
Victory OEM HID upgrades are only available for the low beam, but they are available and cost about $500.
bubba said:
Vic does sell the kit for the Hammer, I installed one on my 07 Hammer S. Good instructions, easy if you take your time. They give you a new assembly (the glass part with the bulbs in it) that fits in the same housing. You have to take the tank off.
You have to take the tank off to install their bulky ballast. If you end up getting an aftermarket kit with slim ballasts, you don't have to remove the tank as they will fit nicely in the headlight bucket.
bassman12 said:
Thanks, Any alternatives to the Victory Part ?
Yes, there are aftermarket alternatives. I sell these through [link='http://victoryhid.com']VictoryHID.com[/link] in a simple to install, plug-and-play kit. It fits in the headlight bucket, so you don't have to remove the tank.
bubba said:
There is a few guys on the VMC that have purchased one on E-Bay that was less expensive than the Vic one. You can go there and do a search to find out, don't think they were plug and play.
Ebay's where you will find the lowest price. However, be prepared to deal with dubious support and poor quality as some of these kits being offered are just cheap Chinese merchandise. Some even sell so called kits that do not come with ballasts. Oh well, you've been warned. Do your research! :)
fesp007 said:
Does anyone know the color temperature of the bulb? Is it 5000K, 6000K, 8000K?
A 5,000 Kelvin bulb will give you the whitest light possible. A 6,000 Kelvin bulb will have bluish tint to it. Anything 8,000 Kelvin and above will give a strong blue color and when you get into the 10,000-12,000 Kelvin you end up with a blue-purple light. Unfortunately 8,000 Kelvin and above have some of their output into non-visibile light, so they are not as bright as the 5,000K and 6,000K bulbs. 8,000K through 12,000K are more for show bikes, while 5,000K and 6,000K are the recommended choice for best visibility.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.