VOG Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
2,165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I ran across a sweet deal for a 17 Octane with super low miles. Adding to the garage Sunday and will be my sons bike in a couple years once he’s completed all the safety courses. I figure it’s better I control the situation rather than deny him the privilege of riding a motorcycle. Then when he leaves home, buys a crotch rocket and wrecks on the highway doing 140mph.

He’s going to finish getting his cage license in the next year while studying up on proper riding technique. We will take the safety course together, I always learn something new. We can start slow and after some time, he can ride with me until he graduates high school. Oh, and I get to twist the throttle on this little speedster in the mean time when my Chieftain is resting.

·
Premium Member
14,190 Posts
AND I KNOW you'll break in for him. (prolly call KEVINX too):angel4:

Reactions: SubDude

·
Registered
8,141 Posts
Good Dad!

Have him be gentle on that throttle.
Short wheel base and really good power and a light kid could get him in trouble if he breaks that rear loose at the wrong time.

·
Premium Member
14,190 Posts
Good Dad!

Have him be gentle on that throttle.
Short wheel base and really good power and a light kid could get him in trouble if he breaks that rear loose at the wrong time.
NO problem, Subdudes a well fed Dad:biggrin:

·
Registered
2,165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
the boy makes me look little. He’ll be 15 at end of this month, 6’1” 260.

·
Registered
17,932 Posts
I ran across a sweet deal for a 17 Octane with super low miles. Adding to the garage Sunday and will be my sons bike in a couple years once he's completed all the safety courses. I figure it's better I control the situation rather than deny him the privilege of riding a motorcycle. Then when he leaves home, buys a crotch rocket and wrecks on the highway doing 140mph.

He's going to finish getting his cage license in the next year while studying up on proper riding technique. We will take the safety course together, I always learn something new. We can start slow and after some time, he can ride with me until he graduates high school. Oh, and I get to twist the throttle on this little speedster in the mean time when my Chieftain is resting.
How did we ever survive? I guess growing up on them helped a bit... Still scare the crap out of myself every couple years, when not thinking far enough ahead or a surprise pops out from a side road.

·
Premium Member
14,190 Posts
My first was a Honda 65...ONLY Red bike ever I owned....sorry @lou8700 :crackup:

Reactions: SubDude

·
Super Moderator
26,119 Posts
the boy makes me look little. He'll be 15 at end of this month, 6'1" 260.
And you got him an Octane!?! That boy needs a Cross bike or Vision.

I like your cover story for buying you a second bike. Your secret is safe with me.;)

·
Registered
5,092 Posts
Welcome back. Enjoy your new Vic! :biggrin:

·
Registered
2,165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 · (Edited)
I picked her up today. Holy ****, I’ve never heard a Louder set of pipes! The fella put Hacker something shorties on it. With some fuel controller that came with the pipes. I’ll have to research that a bit, he races quads professionally and needed to buy a third race quad.

Anyway, nubs are still on the tires. Smells new, oh and did I mention, LOUD!

·
Registered
2,165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Anyone out there with a Victory Octane need to piss off a neighbor? How about scare the hell out of your dogs? Maybe you need a ticket for violating your local noise ordinance?

I have a deal for you! I’ll trade hacker Mayhem pipes, headers and all, including the AMS fuel controller ( all with less than 1K miles) for a set of reasonable sounding slip on’s. I have the stock pipes which will go back on the bike if I can’t find a taker for this pissed off exhaust system.

• Haha
Reactions: jedi-mcfly

·
Super Moderator
26,119 Posts
Anyone out there with a Victory Octane need to piss off a neighbor? How about scare the hell out of your dogs? Maybe you need a ticket for violating your local noise ordinance?

I have a deal for you! I'll trade hacker Mayhem pipes, headers and all, including the AMS fuel controller ( all with less than 1K miles) for a set of reasonable sounding slip on's. I have the stock pipes which will go back on the bike if I can't find a taker for this pissed off exhaust system.
What's wrong?

Finding it hard to sneak away on your "boys" bike for a ride?

·
Super Moderator
26,119 Posts
She just shakes her head. Don't the local cops are going to let me pass so freely though.
I would give you a pass. Not that I won't stop you to talk bikes.

·
Registered
6,711 Posts

I have a deal for you! I'll trade hacker Mayhem pipes, headers and all, including the AMS fuel controller ( all with less than 1K miles) for a set of reasonable sounding slip on's. I have the stock pipes which will go back on the bike if I can't find a taker for this pissed off exhaust system.
Keep it loud this way your son can't sneak off in middle of night without pushing the bike a good ways.

I've heard the shorty exhaust Strokers made for the Octanes and you're correct about the loudness.

I wish my parents would've let me had a street bike when I was 16. Granted they did see how I rode my dirt bike, so I'm sure that had something to do with it. Being 30 and have wrecked 3 bikes I get told that I need to slow down.

You and your son will have some awesome memories riding together. I know my Dad and I do.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.