Here's Why Riders Should Wear Their Gear

4056 31
Some things, you just can't un-see.

Tire Wheel Land vehicle Sky Vehicle
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Super Moderator
26,892 Posts
At least he is fully committed. I hate seeing guys ride in basketball shorts, tank tops, and untied shoes, with a ball cap turned back.....but wear gloves.

Recently I have also seen three guys riding with no eye protection at all on bikes with no shield. That's super nuts. When I was a kid I had an eye scratched by something while running around on a go-cart. I learned very young that glasses are a must.

• Haha
Reactions: sfoens

·
Registered
3,155 Posts
at least it appears all of her nails are still intact !

·
Registered
4,158 Posts
  • Haha

·
Premium Member
12,964 Posts
I could tend to those wounds.
Might be too much bike for her.

• Haha

·
Premium Member
12,964 Posts
Ummm how do you know. ?

·
Registered
4,158 Posts

·
Registered
146 Posts
Safety issues aside I can't ride in shorts. The air off of the engine is way too hot. I've also found I'm nearly as cool with my mesh jacket as I would be in a t-shirt.

And wow, that guy is just nuts.

·
Premium Member
12,964 Posts

·
Registered
4,235 Posts
I've had the misfortune of laying my bike down at speed. Not too fast thankfully, but fast enough that it could have messed me up pretty bad. I ALMOST didn't wear my jacket that day because it was going to be hot. And hot in central Alabama is HOT (near 100 with high humidity). On the way to work someone pulled out in front of me. I was able to avoid them, but not the slide that resulted. I slid for over 100 feet. My knee was scratched up pretty good, and fortunately the rest of my jeans held up pretty good. I've looked for riding pants to fit me, but they don't make them easily in giant size. As for my upper body, I walked away with only a small rash on my shoulder. Now I never ride without a jacket, and its zipped all the way up (if it had been that day I wouldn't have had the rash on my shoulder). My helmet, while not taking a huge hit, kept my skull from bouncing down the road and prevented rash to my head and more than likely a sever concussion or worse. My gloves kept the damage down to a small scrape on my pinky knuckle i barely noticed. For me it will always be ATGATT. I'm still looking for good riding pants I can afford and that fit.

·
Registered
4,280 Posts
I've had the misfortune of laying my bike down at speed. Not too fast thankfully, but fast enough that it could have messed me up pretty bad. I ALMOST didn't wear my jacket that day because it was going to be hot. And hot in central Alabama is HOT (near 100 with high humidity). On the way to work someone pulled out in front of me. I was able to avoid them, but not the slide that resulted. I slid for over 100 feet. My knee was scratched up pretty good, and fortunately the rest of my jeans held up pretty good. I've looked for riding pants to fit me, but they don't make them easily in giant size. As for my upper body, I walked away with only a small rash on my shoulder. Now I never ride without a jacket, and its zipped all the way up (if it had been that day I wouldn't have had the rash on my shoulder). My helmet, while not taking a huge hit, kept my skull from bouncing down the road and prevented rash to my head and more than likely a sever concussion or worse. My gloves kept the damage down to a small scrape on my pinky knuckle i barely noticed. For me it will always be ATGATT. I'm still looking for good riding pants I can afford and that fit.
I Like my Diamond gusset jeans, I wait until they go on sale. They'll make'm to fit ya.

·
Registered
8,086 Posts
The original post looks like that fellow is wearing a tea shirt at least..... On his head albeit, but at least he was/is wearing a shirt....... hahahahah :angel4:

An aside on that note, a lot of years back, apparently Sammy Davis went to a restaurant that demanded patrons wore a tie and for the ones that didn't have a tie on they supplied them from under the doorman's desk or whatever.... The story goes that Sammy Davis accepted the tie and wrapped it round his head and tied it off at one side and just nonchalantly walked in and had his meal........:angel:

·
Lone Rider of the Apocolypse
6,687 Posts
This is why...

Ouch. I bet that hurts like Hell. Nope, I am an ATGATT dude. It is a promise I made, and it is one I intend to keep.

·
Registered
23,468 Posts
I took a ride on my 19th birthday, drunk, wearing jean shorts, a wife beater, and barefoot. The guy behind me hit me... big windjammer fairing on his bike... knocked me down. ROAD RASH!!!!! Legs, back... it was bad.

I was all geared up good when I had the bad accident... the gear didn't help. Pretty much tore my left leg off below the knee.

Do I wear gear? Not always...

1 - 20 of 32 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.