VOG Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all

One of the wires on my sabre lights was damaged by some thing and the black wire was shredded by something.

Any idea how I can either remove the wires from the quick disconnect plug and then reinstall them into the plug?

Here are some pics. The first is what the broken connector wires look like and the last 3 are what it's supposed to look like.

Broken wires
View attachment 490407

What is supposed to be
View attachment 490409
View attachment 490411

·
Registered
4,559 Posts
a small flat screwdriver (jeweler's type) pressed against the metal should push the tab down and allow you to pull it out. you might be able to salvage the pin receptacle but it would be better to replace it. You can probably (with some research) find the correct pins/receptacles at digikey and/or mouser. You may have to buy 5 or 10 but they are cheap enough.
check these part numbers out www.digi-key.com
455-1321-1-ND
455-1320-1-ND
455-1166-ND
455-1205-ND

If any of these match what you have I have some spares I could send. I used them to rewire the gunner for the Ness Direct Bolt-on (cross bikes signals). Those were 2-pin connectors but 3-pin of the same brand/type will utilize the same pins and receptacles. Also, depending on where you are located you may be able to find something that will work locally (Fry's Electronics for example).

Finally, worst case, you can buy any 3-pin male and female connectors, cut the wires and make your own. Or call Kuryakyn and see if they can help with the connector information.

·
Registered
6,656 Posts
Before restoring, determine how the wires were ruined so you’re not doing this fix ever again.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.