VOG Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
kind of new to the site, started off on the wrong foot at first on the site. Here's my problem, riding my cct today and out of no where the bike goes dead, i pull over and tried to fire it back up no luck, checked the fuses all good there, made sure the kill switch was not in gauged, now im wondering what else can it be? so i call the tow trailer co. got them to put it on the trailer, now im home off loaded it pushed in the drive , turned the key and it starts, sounds like a short to me, what do you guys think??

·
Registered
5,092 Posts
THere is a known issue with the stock breaker. Several thread sources here on it. Most recommend one from Napa if I remember correctly. If it happens again before you replace it, tapping it with a wrench will sometimes reset it.

Check the other things suggested above first tho. Loose battery connections could also cause the same problem.

·
Registered
6 Posts
When my 2012 XCT acted that way, it turn out that the main ground bolt had backed out and the ground wire was making intermittent contact. Once that was Loctite'd down, the problem went away.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.