VOG Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My Vision has developed a squealing noise when under moderate to heavy load any gear, like a failing bearing.Noise appears to be coming from the left side of engine, maybe the clutch area. It sounds very similar to a car with a failing clutch thrust bearing. Oil changes have all been done as per manual. Bike has done 16,000kms/10,000 miles. Is there a known commonbearing faulton the 106 engine? Dealer is 3 days ride from me...

·
Registered
4,867 Posts
NZV, ive noticed since the temp has been dropping i started getting that same type of noise. However i know for sure it is the belt. After riding for a while it goes away. Perhaps the friction of just use warms it up. Last ride was about 28F out and it squealed like Ned Beatty in the movie Deliverance !
Try the soap trick before tearing down the engine. I will at least let you know if thats the problem.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Like Kevin mentioned... It's the belt... Happens to most Visions this time of year... Mine does it too. I know it sounds like it's coming from somewhere else, but it's the belt for sure... Also double check your belt tension and make sure it's not too loose...

·
Registered
47 Posts

sorry can't help myself. maybe you guys missed the part about this chap living in New Zealand! the temp. down there is in the high 60's F. right now. sorry New Zealand Vision i cant help i have 14500km on my 09 problem free & have never read about any engine or clutch bearing problems i know everyone wants to be helpfull,, but reaallly. sorry about the little rant like i said cant help myself.
hope you find out soon..

·
Registered
73 Posts
My mistake on his location... Let me change my diagnosis to:

"IT'S YOUR BELT!" lol

If it's loose, tighten it. If it's the proper tension, Vic has a replacement pulley and belt waiting for you under warranty...

·
Registered
189 Posts

I had squeeling and chirping this summer on my 08 Vision, from 15 C to 41 C all day hot coldwet or dry. Had the bike at three dealerships and they all cleaned the pulleys and adjusted the belt for tension, then told me to have my belt and driven pulley at the back wheel changed. It's a warranty thing so it is being done right now.
I was told the 08 pulleyhad some kind of fault in it causing this problem. some kind of metalurgy thing, hey I'm a safety guy not my line of knowlage. Might be something to look into before big interior work begins.
Good luck. Ride Safe. Enjoy.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Update - waxed the belt both sides before I left this morning - did 90miles/150kms and all is quiet! phew! Could have sworn the noise was coming from the clutch...

Will check belt tension as well and check with dealer in new year regarding pulley recall/replacement.

Temps here are around 20 degrees C or 70 F at present - I can cruise around in kevlar jeans and a light riding jacket, much nicer than what the USA is experiencing at present!

Thanks all for help and advice!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.