VOG Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
1,662 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My dad is looking at buying a Kingpin andI thought I would get some help from all of the minds here at the VOG.

1st thing
Any suggestions on which dealers in my range to go to? We were planning on going to Jones Power Sports in Columbia MO. It's about a 4 hour drive from where we live & that's about the max we want to travel. D&J Motorsports in Omaha where I bought mine is fine but they don't have much for used and that's whathe's mainly looking for. Jones seems to have a pretty large used selection.

2nd thing
What do I really need to be watching out for on used Kingpins?

here is a list of what he wants on the bike
-windshield
-floor boards (front & back)
-trunk (to hold his helmet)
-cruise control
-prefers two-tone paint

Thanks in advance for all of the help.

·
Registered
807 Posts

I spent 32 years in Omaha and never ran across D&J... oh well.
First thing I'd suggest is find it on Ebay... you'll probably find exactly what you want, and with some caution and due dilligence, you'll end up with a very good deal.
As for cruise control, you may be stuck with a throttle lock.

·
Registered
2,923 Posts

For the price of a new left over 2007, 08, 09 I would not by used. I would add the extras after buying. I would pay the price they want for a Victory trunk when I can buy for about 1/3 the price from someone else, this goes for just about everything you may want to add
Regards
PS
I picked up a trunk for 219.00from RIDEbikegaer.com it listed for 650.00 plus, so that was 67% off

·
Registered
332 Posts
There is an 06KP Deluxe for sale here in S. Texas @ CC Cycle Plaza. Looks like a nice ride with low miles. Doesn't have the trunk, but you can find one on ebay. If you want one with 'real' cruise, you'll have to look for an 08 - current.

·
Registered
1,135 Posts
Since trade values suck so bad many dealers don't have used Vic's Try Craigslist or Cycle Trader. Lot's a of folks selling good bikes for stupid prices.

·
Registered
79 Posts

I also agree that you might want to look for a leftover from a dealer. There are even 07's out there that weren't bought. I just recently bought a new leftover 08 KP 8ball just because I liked the black rims that came with them that year,and I got a 2 year warranty on it. But from year to year Victory has made some small changes to the King pin. You should look at the previews that VOG does on each year and decide for yourself
Check Dealers near you through the internet and see what they have in leftovers!
If you live so far away from a service center you may not want to buy a used bike that you don"t know the history on.

·
Registered
1,610 Posts
I have seen some kingpins for just under 10K brand new on cycle trader for the 08 model year and and I have seen 10 model year 8 balls for under 10K you can always buy from out of state dealer and ship it for around 500 bucks

·
Registered
1,662 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
LAYNE said:
Check Dealers near you through the internet and see what they have in leftovers!
If you live so far away from a service center you may not want to buy a used bike that you don"t know the history on.
This is part of the reason we were looking at the dealer in Columbia to buy from. It looks like they have quite a few leftovers. But the dealer in Omaha is only a little over an hour away for service so I'm covered on both fronts.
Good to know about the cruise on the 08s and after. I knew I had heard something about that but wasn't for sure. Keep the info coming, I'm trying to soak up as much as I can before we go shopping. My Dad hasn't had a bike in over 20 years so I want to make sure he loves what ever he gets.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I bought mine at Jones Power sports after The salesman at DJ did the bate an switch with me. That salesman is long gone . Darryl Jones and I had a long talk after a accidental mis-listing of a demo bike(mileage was wrong). Darryl made it right for me. He even offered to pay all my expenses plus, if I didn't get a bike. Bottom line I would have liked to have bought it at DJ in Omaha but the deal I got a Jones Power sports was great.

·
Registered
2,719 Posts

·
Registered
1,662 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·

Thanks for all of the help. I just found out that my Dad has a new sandstone & white Kingpin on order. Should show up anythime now. He tried to hide it from me and suprise me when we pick it up but it's too small of a community around here.
I was getting a haircut and a perfect stranger walks in & asks who owns the Vic outside. My back to him as I'm in the chair I say it's mine. He compliments the bike(as I'm sure you all are used to) then said that he works with a guy who has a brand new one on order and that it was supposed to be in maybe this week. I said really.....what's his name......tada! That's my Dad. Hello cat, you're out of the bag now!
I'll post some pictures once it shows up. I'd love to have him join the VOG but he stays as far away from computers as he can. So I'll be his eyes and ears here.

·
Registered
1,662 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Here it is. They are finally making 2011 Kingpins and getting them out to the dealers. This is my Dad's that he just picked up today. Thanks again for all of your help.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Wow,

Nice looking bike. I've been waiting on a 2011 Kingpin myself and my dealer has been telling me they weren't going to be produced until November. Looks like he's been blowing smoke up my As........!

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.