VOG Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
331 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2009 Vision tour premium. I have been at times frustrated to have to carry my helmet into an establishment because my trunk is full. I looked at the helmet locks at victoryonly.com and it seems to be a solution to the problem. Any other Vision owners have a better idea or does anyone have experience with the ones available from victoryonly?

·
Registered
657 Posts
I use a cable lock. Put the helmet on the mirror and run the cable through the handlebars and helmet loop. Hardly elegant but it works fine.

·
Registered
423 Posts
I don't have a Vision, but I think there is still a problem with no locks. If I am going to stop somewhere that I won't be able to see the bike, I take an older helmet that probably won't be stolen. If I am in Idaho I don't worry about it because no one there wants a helmet since they aren't required and most of the people who wear them are from Washington and already have them. I was thinking about getting one of the bar end locks for both bikes. I don't understand why Victory doesn't put helmet locks on the bikes.

·
Registered
17 Posts

If you are interested in a different sort of helmet lock, you should check out:
http://www.helmetsecure.com/
I ordered their "classic" lock in black for my hammer. They are out of stock so I haven't actually used it yet...
I like this because it's attached to the bike and it keeps my helmet upright (not a rain bucket) and off the ground. Plus if needed, I'mhoping I can runthe cablethrough the sleeve of my jacket for hot days when I don't want to carry my coat when I'm away from the bike.
I'll post a reviewafter it shows up.

·
Registered
1,366 Posts

If you get ISO comfort grips, I think kewlmetal (although I got mine off ebay from directwholesaleparts) makes a handlebar end helmet lock...I have them and they are nice to have...they sell in setsof two...one for each grip.

·
Registered
331 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks all. The one Durak suggested looks interesting. Wonder if you can mount 2 full face on the handlebars though. Looks like it may be a little crowded. Will check out the site more and maybe call. I see your point about being a water bucket!

·
Registered
2,995 Posts
kewlmetal has an adapter that mounts to the Visions stock or heated grips. They are threaded on the Vision bars. Unfortunately the Cross bikes don't have this luxury so I bought a half helmet that'll fit in the sidebags until a trunk is available for use.

·
Registered
1,722 Posts
I have a bunch of cable locks that came with pistols.
Perfect length and the lock says Ruger on it.

·
Registered
4,158 Posts
I have a 2009 Vision tour premium. I have been at times frustrated to have to carry my helmet into an establishment because my trunk is full. I looked at the helmet locks at victoryonly.com and it seems to be a solution to the problem. Any other Vision owners have a better idea or does anyone have experience with the ones available from victoryonly?
This is what I have: on my Vision, stock grips, with heat!

Kewl Metal Grip End Helmet Locks - 6248 Motorcycle Goldwing - Dennis Kirk, Inc.

·
Super Moderator
26,124 Posts
2010 fellows!

Lol!

But I'll play too.

I have Kewlmetal bar end helmet locks like @Jeb27 linked. I had them on my KP too. They work well when I need them.

·
Registered
7,071 Posts
I was thinking about a helmet lock for my Gunner. Great idea on the cable lock. I have a few of those as well.

Reactions: FoFo

·
Registered
2,361 Posts
do people really **** with other peoples ****???? ive left my bag, jacket, cooler on the ***** seat and my helmet hangin from handlebar on many occasions, people have asked me if i trust it,but nobody has ever touched my ****... i guess my **** aint worth messin with....

Reactions: CPT PYRO

·
Registered
7,071 Posts
do people really **** with other peoples ****???? ive left my bag, jacket, cooler on the ***** seat and my helmet hangin from handlebar on many occasions, people have asked me if i trust it,but nobody has ever touched my ****... i guess my **** aint worth messin with....
I've never worried about it before. Still don't really but my wife has been giving me a hard time about it because my helmet was pretty pricey.

·
Registered
2,361 Posts
I've never worried about it before. Still don't really but my wife has been giving me a hard time about it because my helmet was pretty pricey.
usually people are pretty respectful... on one occasion i come outside a store and 2 club guys were looking at my bike giving it a wide berth, i told them they could get closer if theyd like, they said it was cool and walked in the store...

the helmet i wear most of the time was sub 100 so really i guess i wouldnt really care, but i just cant even think of someone messing with another persons gear....unless its a prank, i also live in an area where crime is pretty low... so i may be spoiled...
i would be more concerned with someone messing with my bike...

·
Registered
1,772 Posts
1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.