VOG Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
331 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We (wife and me) purchased Nolan 3/4 helmets and installed Victory factory ear pieces setup for the Vision. I do not like the set up...especially where the ear piece is velcro-ed inside the helmet. It is below the ear therefore I have to turn the volume up high just to hear normal. Now, I am not that handy so no jokes about moving it closer to the ear. If I do that it seems I will have to cut out the foam and disturb the integrity of the helmet. This is what a friend did and said it works great. Yes, my ears are in the normal spots! Anyway, my real question is can you purchase custom ear pieces like professional musicians use for monitors? Or is there a less expensive solution? I just want to increase the helmet comfort and not have to turn the volume up so high.

·
Registered
6,128 Posts
hard to truly understand your exact issue. Can you post a pic showing the location of the ear piece and where your ear would be in respect to that location?

·
Premium Member
3,850 Posts
The short answer is: Yes.

I used a professional style of these for many years in TV. You can buy kits where they have a Mold-able" plastic that forums to the shape of your ear and contain an earphone for each side. The fitting is a one time process as they then hold the shape and can be reused for many years (or until you break or lose them).

However, it will (most likely) block-out much outside noise and for riders, sometimes that's good and sometimes that's bad as you many not hear some road sounds that could keep you safe. But, if you've worn earplugs while riding, this this could be considered a sort of combination of earphones and earplugs.

A quick search found the following device: FUZE Custom Earphones by EarFuze

• Custom Molded Earphones
  • Made Exactly to Your Ears
  • Easy Do-It-Yourself System takes only 15 minutes
  • Comfortable & Secure - No Shifting or Falling Out
  • Great Stereo Sound

[TBODY] [/TBODY]

The price is around $50. Link below:

FUZE Custom Earphones by EarFuze

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.