VOG Forum banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
879 Posts
Hello there! I'm not new here. Tell us a little something. Where you from? Do you have a bike? If so, what kind? You know, just the basics

·
Super Moderator
26,093 Posts
Howdy there! I haven't been new here for a long time...... Yet I'm younger than most here. Young enough to surprise some folks once they meet me in person. Huh @IM12STPN ?

·
Registered
1,722 Posts
Welcome.
What do you ride??

·
Registered
879 Posts
Howdy there! I haven't been new here for a long time...... Yet I'm younger than most here. Young enough to surprise some folks once they meet me in person. Huh @IM12STPN ?
If you don't mind me asking, how young are you?

·
Registered
2,676 Posts
hmmmmm...

·
Registered
5,651 Posts
That’s it?
“Hello there!?!”
That’s all you need to start a thread now?
I know they aren’t making our bikes any more but that is no reason to lower the bar on what is required to start a thought provoking thread. C’mon guys, remember “pics or it did not happen” ?
I think we should add: Ask a question, make a point, or share something funny. Otherwise, put down the keyboard and back away, so no one gets hurt.

Reactions: JamesBond

·
Premium Member
14,190 Posts
Right, when I asked Teflon Mike where you were at first stop and he pointed you out I was a little surprised how young AND had a beautiful wife...BOTH great people, sure glad I met you both.
AND looking at your physique I'm thinking best for you and I to wrestle...not fight. (THUMB WRESTLE:crackup:)

·
Registered
879 Posts
Never said I wasn't. Lol! Just got to Victory early and found the VOG some younger than most here.
Best of luck to ya! When people meet me they think I'm younger than I actually am. I do look younger than 46, just wish I felt as young as they thought I was. Broke 4 vertebrae and 5 ribs in my back in 2005 and now i feel it every single day. As we get older we just don't heal like we used to.........

Reactions: VicVisionBulldog

·
Super Moderator
26,093 Posts
Best of luck to ya! When people meet me they think I'm younger than I actually am. I do look younger than 46, just wish I felt as young as they thought I was. Broke 4 vertebrae and 5 ribs in my back in 2005 and now i feel it every single day. As we get older we just don't heal like we used to.........
Yep, I'm already there. Coming up on 3 years ago I was rear ended while parked on the side of the freeway about to help a citizen. A lady hit me doing 70+ without ever touching her brakes(I have it on video). I didn't have me seat belt on since I was about to get out. The impact sent my bouncing all around the cab of the Tahoe hitting all the nice hard items they fill police cars with. This left me with 11 herniated discs and 2 tares in my spine with some nerve damage in my low back. That paired with other injuries on the job over the years has me feeling pretty old at times. Just beat up.

·
Registered
879 Posts
Yep, I'm already there. Coming up on 3 years ago I was rear ended while parked on the side of the freeway about to help a citizen. A lady hit me doing 70+ without ever touching her brakes(I have it on video). I didn't have me seat belt on since I was about to get out. The impact sent my bouncing all around the cab of the Tahoe hitting all the nice hard items they fill police cars with. This left me with 11 herniated discs and 2 tares in my spine with some nerve damage in my low back. That paired with other injuries on the job over the years has me feeling pretty old at times. Just beat up.
Wow! That's pretty f#<ked up! If I did the math right, you were about 33 when it happened? I was 33 also when I injured my back at work. While unloading a truck, I was on top of the truck hooking up the chain to an excavator bucket and the operator pulled forward too far and knocked me off of the truck, fell about 10 feet to the ground and the excavator bucket came over the side and landed on my back. Needless to say, it hurt a little bit. Now I have a hard time getting out of bed in the morning.

·
Super Moderator
26,093 Posts
Wow! That's pretty f#<ked up! If I did the math right, you were about 33 when it happened? I was 33 also when I injured my back at work. While unloading a truck, I was on top of the truck hooking up the chain to an excavator bucket and the operator pulled forward too far and knocked me off of the truck, fell about 10 feet to the ground and the excavator bucket came over the side and landed on my back. Needless to say, it hurt a little bit. Now I have a hard time getting out of bed in the morning.
What was really f#<ked up was after I got hit I fought to get out of the Tahoe and went to check on the lady that almost killed me. I started medical for us both and then figured Ill go help the lady I initially pulled over for. As I walked to her she drove off as I threw my arms in the air in a "what the f#<k" manner. She could have at least stayed to be a witness, but NOPE. I never even got to say a word to her. Then don't even get me started on Workers Comp. Let's just say they did nothing and I almost lost my career because of them.

·
Super Moderator
26,093 Posts
Right, when I asked Teflon Mike where you were at first stop and he pointed you out I was a little surprised how young AND had a beautiful wife...BOTH great people, sure glad I met you both.
AND looking at your physique I'm thinking best for you and I to wrestle...not fight. (THUMB WRESTLE:crackup:)
Just be aware I have hitchhiker thumbs which gives me a deadly range of motion for thumb wrestling.

·
Registered
879 Posts
What was really f#<ked up was after I got hit I fought to get out of the Tahoe and went to check on the lady that almost killed me. I started medical for us both and then figured Ill go help the lady I initially pulled over for. As I walked to her she drove off as I threw my arms in the air in a "what the f#<k" manner. She could have at least stayed to be a witness, but NOPE. I never even got to say a word to her. Then don't even get me started on Workers Comp. Let's just say they did nothing and I almost lost my career because of them.
Yeah, that's a pretty bad deal. You're right about Workers Comp. Ain't worth ****. I'm lucky to be walking and all they did for me was fight over every medical bill I had for 10 years then that's it. Nothing more. Just got cut off.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.