VOG Forum banner

Hello everyone!

1K views 10 replies 10 participants last post by  Bruno 
#1 ·
Let me introduce myself. My name is Bruno. I am from Ontario, Canada and my present ride is a 2009 Harley, Electra Glide. I am in the market for a new ride, the 2012 Cross Country Tour as got me hooked in more ways than one. Many different features & updated looks which make this bike very refreshing in comparison to the traditional cookie cutters. Victory seem to have done there homework. I have been satisfied with the HD product but am looking for something different. I know what to expect from HD. What can I expect from Victory? Overall quality, durability, customer service etc.. I've been reading many posts on this site, the info is great. Any other info or suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks, Bruno

#2 ·
Welcome aboard Bruno, you have chosen wisely. Overall quality is good, durability is second to none, customer service will depend upon your local dealer, some are apparently better than others. To be honest mine hasn't been to the dealer for anything other than the 600 mile break in service. I do all my oil changes etc. and these bikes just don't break. These 106 Freedom motors require very little maintenance. Haha, that leaves more time for riding. Greg

#3 ·
Welcome Bruno...Lots of reading to do my friend!!!

#4 ·
Welcome from sunny S. California

#8 ·
Welcome Bruno. I came off an Electra Glide to the Cross Country and am very happy with the bike. It does everything really well. I have found the bike rides great, handles really good, carries alot, gets good mpg and mechanically is solid as a rock. Maintenance is far cheaper than it was for my H-D and it requires less maintenance, both scheduled and unscheduled so far. Hope this helps.

#9 ·
I have a 2009 ElectraGlide Ultra and added the 2004 Vegas. Two totally different bikes.

#10 ·
Bruno, Welcome from Utah! You got the first part right; read as much as you can stand! The next step will be for you to find a dealer and go out for a long test ride. Most Victory dealers know that they don't have to sell you a bike as the bikes sell themselves. Because of that most of the dealers want you to take a nice long test ride or at least a ride long enough for you to see how it works in most conditions (low speed, highway, cornering). Note that most will let you ride unchaperoned too.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.