VOG Forum banner

Helen cabin rentals?

789 views 6 replies 4 participants last post by  Dan050 
#1 ·
Been looking at cabin rentals in Helen, GA. And there is alot of them. But you just don't know if they are motorcycle friendly. For example steep driveways.
Anyone have any web site referrals for bike friendly cabins?

#2 ·
When you find one that looks like it will work, call them and ask if they are biker friendly. My dad was trying to rent a cabin, called to ask about where to store his trailer (my mom isn't riding 6 hours on a bike at one time), and they said he couldn't bring his bike. Didn't say anything on their website, but the owner said he'd had complaints about loud bikes disturbing other renters, so he didn't allow them on his property. Needless to say, my parents found a different place to stay. I'll ask him if he can recommend a place.

Reactions: Dan050
#5 ·
Thank you for all the suggestions. We've been looking at the nicer ones, with 2 bedrooms and two baths, as there will two couples sharing the expense. We had one up in Townsend last year, and really liked it. Worked out great. They come up from Florida, and us from Indiana.
Like @tree1979 said, we'll just have to call and talk to them before we book one.
Thanks again.

#6 ·
Check out Enchanted mountain Retreats out of Blairsville.706-781-3892 Our property is White Magnolia. Biker friendly, paved drive, 2 car garage and plenty of room for trailers. Its a 4 bedroom 3 1/2 bath. May be more than you need for 2 couples .Its just north of Helen at the north end of Lake Chatuge.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.