VOG Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
View attachment 486241 Just noticed the shields are off a bit...went back to the pics of the bike the day I brought it home and that's the way it was from day 1...I guess I didn't pay attention...

Having a hard time figuring out how to fix it...pardon the dumb question but can anyone help out on where to begin?

Thanks in advance y'all!

·
Registered
828 Posts
Mine is like that to

·
Premium Member
7,876 Posts
cut the oem shield clamps. Go to hardware store and buy stainless steel hose clamps
or if you have adjustable clamps on there now loosen them up slid forward and tighten them up

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I was afraid that was the only way...

Got it!

Thank you!!

·
Registered
1,722 Posts
Better yet don't worry about it.....go ride.

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Better Better Yet, get a full aftermarket exhaust system and really not worry about. :D
Lol

Nah...bike is dialed in...Lloydz air filter, Tri Ovals and Maximus tuner...I'm just OCD...lol

Don't like to see that gap...thanks though!!

Reactions: 13SicVic

·
Registered
960 Posts
I have exactly the same fit. Exactly. Noticed it only after putting on my ragin cajun mufflers so I have the adjustable clamps now of course. I could have fixed the front..causing a gap at the back of course. And I wasn't going to bother mucking with the head pipe cover. I think its just bad trim execution by the factory. And frankly, it's not bothering me at all.

·
Registered
865 Posts
View attachment 486241 Just noticed the shields are off a bit...went back to the pics of the bike the day I brought it home and that's the way it was from day 1...I guess I didn't pay attention...

Having a hard time figuring out how to fix it...pardon the dumb question but can anyone help out on where to begin?

Thanks in advance y'all!
Yeah, same as mine was. Front header, use clamps, slip it back. Not real hard, use a dremel to get at the old clamps, they come off pretty easily. Line the seam up as good as possible, then tighten the front one wherever it lands.

Reactions: Tenax66

·
Registered
865 Posts
Yeah, same as mine was. Front header, use clamps, slip it back. Not real hard, use a dremel to get at the old clamps, they come off pretty easily. Line the seam up as good as possible, then tighten the front one wherever it lands.
They're a bit tight on the pipe. Depending on where the joint seam is at you might get it on there. Mine were on the inside, like they tightened the shields before assembly. I could get to them with a screwdriver but couldn't get a pry on it without hitting the shield.
Maybe take a hammer, screwdriver on the joint, pop it loose. Someone might have better way.

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
They're a bit tight on the pipe. Depending on where the joint seam is at you might get it on there. Mine were on the inside, like they tightened the shields before assembly. I could get to them with a screwdriver but couldn't get a pry on it without hitting the shield.
Maybe take a hammer, screwdriver on the joint, pop it loose. Someone might have better way.
I was actually thinking of hitting up
My local dealer and see if they'd fix it under warranty...lol

·
Registered
266 Posts
I fixed mine the same way with new clamps. Pretty easy fix

Reactions: jdr_socal
1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.