VOG Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi folks, I`m struggling to find any part numbers or info regarding the rubber grommet usually fitted in the rear of the headlight bowl to stop the ingress of water and prevent chaffing of the wires. I have bought a later model headlight unit complete except for this grommet. Any help in finding one would be much appreciated, thanks in advance. p.s its a rectangular hole in the back of the new H/light. Cheers regards Richard.

·
Registered
1,722 Posts
Hardware stores normally have grommets in stock.

·
Registered
5,092 Posts
You should be able to find it on cheap cycle parts or similar online parts store if you know the year and model your headlight is from.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
This is the back of the headlight, I have found a parts diagram on the net and it seems to show a HID Osram bulb that I presume fills this apature. As they are very expensive and I`m not sure if my bike has extra plugs under the seat for the electrics for these, I`ll try to use the original wiring and make a plastic block that can facilitate a hole for my existing grommet. Not many people seem to know anything about this dilema so as usual I`m on my own I guess.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.