VOG Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
{Edit: Maybe it doesn't matter? IDK, just seems odd that both in their manual and on the PDF's, even the revised 2012 manual both say the H11 is the low beam replacement bulb...but they are the high beams...}

H7 is a high beam and H11 is a low beam bulb. In the Victory, the H11 is on the bottom (high beams) and the H7 is on the top (low beams).

How can I fix this since Victory was clearly not smart enough to figure it out themselves? I'm thinking just buy a new after market head lamp that actually is correct? Or does Victory sell a CORRECT orientation head light unit?

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I cannot switch the bulbs, they are "hard wired" at the base and cannot be swapped at the base. The base is mated to the connector (idiot proof) and cannot be swapped. They are mated to the headlight housing, and cannot be swapped (idiot proof).

It's only an issue if it doesn't matter that the H7 is a low beam, instead of high, and H11 is a high beam, instead of low.

My main concern was why both bulbs are blowing within seconds of start up and that they are not as the actual documentation says, matters.

Just ordered a voltage regulator going off the assumption any bulb can be a high or low beam, and thus not the issue why i'm blowing bulbs.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Update, cleaned connections, re-seated said connectors, new bulb (same kind though they wouldn't let me exchange), 15 mile ride, lights still on and no check engine light came on. I still have a volt reg on the way, I may just return in.

• 14.45V at the low beam.
  • 14.30V at the high beam
  • 14.35V at the battery
  • 13.25V at the battery with the bike turned off
  • 14.35V at idle
  • 14.35V at throttle approx 40%
Even when my bike chugs (I think it's a vacuum leak) it's 14.35 confirming I have a vacuum leak and not voltage for my bike occasionally chugging at idle.

·
Registered
52 Posts
I had a similar problem with my 11 Vegas, although my high beam was on all the time. I swapped my factory bulbs out for sylvania silver star ultras “Both an H11” that’s when the problem started and it was my fault.
The high and low beam harness is the same and I had them reversed.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.