VOG Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
252 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·


New Sportster - Ride for a Year - Trade in for Full MSRP:



Already own a Sportster: Trade in and get Full MSRP



At least they're trying!

But what the heck is "MSRP value"?
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
3,850 Posts
Without reading the fine print, that sounds like a great deal. My hat is off to H-D for coming up with a very creative promotion.

Do you think that other manufacturers will be offering similar deals?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,867 Posts
Sounds good, but what happens when you ride it for a year and decide to buy a Vic?
I kinda doubt they will take it back.
I see a lot of Vic dealers with one year old sportsters next year. : )
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,276 Posts

I saw a half hour infomercial for Eagle Rider HD in Lathrop, Ca the other day on tv. THAT surprised me!
There's a new Victory dealer across the freeway from them. I sure hope that's part of what prompted them to advertise. (They-Eagle Rider-do a lot of Sunday morningTV commercials on Speed Network as is.)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
252 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Clubford00 said:
Sounds good, but what happens when you ride it for a year and decide to buy a Vic?
I kinda doubt they will take it back.
I see a lot of Vic dealers with one year old sportsters next year. : )
Your probably right!

I'd love to find out what they mean by they'll give you back "MSRP Value": are they offering you MSRP or not?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
252 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
FishWitch said:
I saw a half hour infomercial for Eagle Rider HD in Lathrop, Ca the other day on tv. THAT surprised me!
There's a new Victory dealer across the freeway from them. I sure hope that's part of what prompted them to advertise. (They-Eagle Rider-do a lot of Sunday morningTV commercials on Speed Network as is.)
Sydney, it this Eagle Rider the same Eagle Rider that rents bikes at locations all over the country?

BTW: been meaning to ask: how'd you come up with the handle 'FishWitch'?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,276 Posts

Eagle's Nest Harley-Davidson
13900 Harlan Road
Lathrop, CA, USA 95330
(209) 941-0420
(209) 941-0228 (fax)
Visit Our Web site
http://www.eaglesnestharleydavidson.com
It looks like a nice shop but it is an HD Dealer LOL.
I used to fish alot. Now I just look at fishermen and ride by some great fishin holes. I coined my name when I first got on the puter and would go to one of the MSN Fishing & Chat rooms. FishWitch seemed "catchy". The Alice on my name on email comes from an old dog of mine. I have everything on that name so just kept it.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
252 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
FishWitch said:
I used to fish alot. Now I just look at fishermen and ride by some great fishin holes. I coined my name when I first got on the puter and would go to one of the MSN Fishing & Chat rooms. FishWitch seemed "catchy". The Alice on my name on email comes from an old dog of mine. I have everything on that name so just kept it.
Nice to know - thanks.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
3,850 Posts

This promotion has created quite a"buzz" in the industry.I'm wondering if it's bringing buyers into the showroom.
Nonetheless, it has many riders of all brands talking about it.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
119 Posts
Talked to a local HD sales person today and he said it was only for "participating dealers" and most dealers he knew in this area were not honoring the promo. Basically HD just wants to move '08 units off the floor in this very sluggish economy.

If the dealer does this program they basically lose about $1000 per unit moved with the promo.

Would love to see Polaris do something for sales in '09 but I do not want them to do something that costs them dealers.

And why do we north of the Mason/Dixon line have to wait until Feb. or March to see the new '09 models at our dealers? Any Polaris corporate people out there to explain this?!

Rog
 
1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top