VOG Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
634 Posts
Same to you zp. Thanksgiving is the beginning of insanity for me. I’m the local Santa and already have 12 events on my calendar…..I don’t charge a fee…..I look at it as a Community service.
Plus, I and a small group of friends write Letters from Santa to any child that sends a letter to this Santa. All letters are hand written and personalized. We will likely mail our 1000th letter this year. Busy…..

·
Registered
634 Posts
You weren’t very good that year….NO TRAIN FOR YOU!!

·
Premium Member
14,281 Posts
HAPPY THANKSGIVING TO Y'ALL

Just wife and I, son and family change each year....this year they go to HER side for Thanksgiving, then HERE for Christmas, switches each year. I'll be on here dispatching, so other dispatcher and boss can enjoy with their families.
I usually work all holidays, that way don't feel bad when we leave after....like this year, leave Jan 2 for a couple weeks in Florida, bike in tow:dance: Next holiday, Valentines, will leave soon after for a month, south to warm weather for a month, again NO guilt feeling:hihi:

·
Registered
1,059 Posts
HAPPY THANKSGIVING TO Y'ALL

Just wife and I, son and family change each year....this year they go to HER side for Thanksgiving, then HERE for Christmas, switches each year. I'll be on here dispatching, so other dispatcher and boss can enjoy with their families.
I usually work all holidays, that way don't feel bad when we leave after....like this year, leave Jan 2 for a couple weeks in Florida, bike in tow:dance: Next holiday, Valentines, will leave soon after for a month, south to warm weather for a month, again NO guilt feeling:hihi:
Jan 3 for 2 weeks, sound great. And you will be back in time for Tip Up Town, maybe get in on that polar bear dip?
:22yikes:

·
Registered
12,859 Posts
As I sit here watching the ritual in the kitchen…. My wife in her usual mode of multitasking in food preparation. My oldest daughter and grand daughter here to help and make great conversation and laughter. All the smells starting to rise and fill the air. It’s been our house that fills every year with family some new and some gone forever. Always Remembered and sorely missed. Still the Holidays will come and they will go. One of the best parts of my Thanksgiving is the left overs for that late night turkey and stuffing sandwich with a smear of cranberry on white mountain bread. I think about it all day.
Happy Thanksgiving to all of you here on the Vog.

·
Registered
3,467 Posts
Happy thanksgiving to you all ! My wife flew in last night for 4 days with my Grandson. My oldest and his wife are coming over. Great to see her. Finishing her career at Purdue university. Will be here permanently in June. Not bad flies in once a month. Got to get the 25 yr mark or leaving to much on the table.

·
Premium Member
14,281 Posts
Jan 3 for 2 weeks, sound great. And you will be back in time for Tip Up Town, maybe get in on that polar bear dip?
:22yikes:
@ForestGiant ...did that over 26 years ago...NOTE: ALCOHOL DOES NOT make COLD water WARM:22yikes:
GOTTA ADD....LOVING wife REMOVED the WRINKLES that night:angel4:

·
Registered
213 Posts
Late Happy Thanksgiving (weekend) to the VOG. The family surprised me with a new Pit Boss smoker for my birthday last month so I added to our holiday with some appetizers-
Food Ingredient Recipe Cuisine Dish

Bacon wrapped Smoked "shotgun shells"!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.