VOG Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I recently purchased the 2010 Cross Roads and was wondering if anyone has found after some chrome aftermarket passenger boards for the bike. I can purchase the factory Cross Country passenger boards but they are not chrome.

·
Registered
2,518 Posts
Roadrocket said:
Will the CR accept the CC floorboards w/o changing the mounts?
RR
I was looking at both yesterday and they look identical. I would think that since most of the bike is interchangeable that the mounts would be as well.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Just bought the XR. Dealer says the factory told him the CC floorboards will NOT FIT XR. Claims it looks like it will but will not. Claims Victory does NOT OFFER passenger floorboards for XR. Hard to believe, I know, but he swears he checked with factory and they are NOT available.

·
Registered
1,135 Posts
DAWG said:
Just bought the XR. Dealer says the factory told him the CC floorboards will NOT FIT XR. Claims it looks like it will but will not. Claims Victory does NOT OFFER passenger floorboards for XR. Hard to believe, I know, but he swears he checked with factory and they are NOT available.
It is true the XR does not come with rear floor boards just standard pegs. My Chapter president has rear floor boards ordered for his new XR. I have looked closely and both bikes and I don't see any reason why they would not fit.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·

Dawg, you are right.
The XC passenger floorboards will not fit onto the XR unless you change the mount assembly, the part that thefloorboard attaches to.
The XC and XR share the same frame so the XC floorboard and mountwill bolt onto the XR, providing you get both the mount and floorboard.
Mydealer ordered the mount and floorboard from Victory for the XC to mount onto my XR bike, but they are on backorder!

·
Registered
2 Posts

I agree with you. The floorboard mount looks like it will fit either bike, but the dealer told me that it won't. He claims the frame is actually slightly different in that area, but I sure don't see it. Please let me know when you get the back order and how it works out. It's hard to believe Victory blew a detaillike this. I'm betting (and hoping) that my dealer is wrong, but we'll see... Thanks for the input.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·

I am picking the bike up tomorrow from the dealer and I'll see if he has the XC and compare the two bikes. I am betting the frames are the same between the XC and the XR.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·

Well I rode my Cross Roads home last night. I am very happy with the performance and all the other featureson the bike.
I did a very close side by side comparison between the Cross Country bike and my Cross Roads for the floorboard mount swap.
The mount should interchange between the two different bikes.
Now all I have to do is wait formy parts that are backordered from Victory.

·
Registered
2,518 Posts
sl_narz said:
Well I rode my Cross Roads home last night. I am very happy with the performance and all the other featureson the bike.
I did a very close side by side comparison between the Cross Country bike and my Cross Roads for the floorboard mount swap.
The mount should interchange between the two different bikes.
Now all I have to do is wait formy parts that are backordered from Victory.
Congrats on the new scoot. Ride safe & keep her shiny side up.

·
Registered
2,518 Posts
Roadrocket said:
Will the CR accept the CC floorboards w/o changing the mounts?
RR
I took a real close look today and you can't do a direct swap. You will have to buy the arms that go from the frame to the boards as well. They have a different mount on top (the board mount is wider) and there is a lip that the board rests on when it is down that is not on the peg mounts.

·
Registered
2,518 Posts
sl_narz said:
bored76,
The arms you are talking about and the floorboardsarewhat I ordered thru Victory that are backordered.
Let's hope you get them soon.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.