VOG Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
got my new adjustable link in the mail today wondering how the hell do you adjust it to 1 1/2 ? with it screwed all the way in, it measures 10 3/4 the stock measures 12 inches, and thats from hole to hole, any thoughts on this?? im ready to install this tonite. got the stock link pulled already. do you guys think i should run grade 8 bolts and not stock? been hearing about these stock bolts breaking?
witch dr. didnt send any directions on what to do and how to adjust this new link.

·
Premium Member
7,876 Posts
first off take the rocker arm and put a grease fitting in it on the bottom side.
grease the bearings good. With the grease fitting you can give it a shot of grease once a year. Guys have found the bearing doesn't keep the grease in it for long. Check rocker shaft for smoothness.
Remember a 1/2 inches lowers the bike 1 inch. Every time you lower the bike you should readjust the belt.
If you don't you shorten the pulley life and the life of the belt.

·
Banned
2,192 Posts
got my new adjustable link in the mail today wondering how the hell do you adjust it to 1 1/2 ? with it screwed all the way in, it measures 10 3/4 the stock measures 12 inches, and thats from hole to hole, any thoughts on this?? im ready to install this tonite. got the stock link pulled already. do you guys think i should run grade 8 bolts and not stock? been hearing about these stock bolts breaking?
witch dr. didnt send any directions on what to do and how to adjust this new link.
Dirrections...lol R&R...

Hold it up next to the stock one and adjust it So they are the same, hole to hole. Then shorten the adjustable one...1/2" = 1" lower when on the bike. Shorten accordingly .

I personally would use the stock hardware, never heard of them failing.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.