VOG Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alright so let me start off by saying I love my Vegas 8Ball more than anything. I wouldn't trade it for the world. However, the one thing I DON'T like is the starter. It sounds so weak!! i say this based on the sound of my brother-in-law's harley sportster. when he fires his bike up, the whole thing just barks. with the victory, you hear the whine of the starter for a second or two, then the exhaust fires and it sounds great. But that starter whine is so, so weak sounding. so my question is would it be possible to put a different starter on the bike? I'm not much of a mechanic, so I have no idea if something like this is possible. just wondering if there's a decent way to make the vic sound a little tougher while it's kicking over.

thanks for any input.

-matt

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

I'm all about finding something new to ***** about. =)
You know, for all I know I have a bad starter. Maybe the whine is cause the thing is damn near fried or something. Who knows. I had planned on asking the next time I bring it in to the dealer for service.

·
Registered
7,141 Posts
kden said:
You know, for all I know I have a bad starter. Maybe the whine is cause the thing is damn near fried or something. Who knows. I had planned on asking the next time I bring it in to the dealer for service.
Just to make sure we are all on the same page here.
What kind of oil are using?

·
Registered
423 Posts
Just another case of Harleys being all about noise. I think you would have a legit complaint if the bike didn't start, but I'll bet it starts every time.

·
Registered
12,236 Posts
kden said:
I was talking about your comment with another Vic owner that had HD's in the past and he made the same comment as you. So it is probably not your starter...

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
dsjr70 said:
kden said:
I was talking about your comment with another Vic owner that had HD's in the past and he made the same comment as you. So it is probably not your starter...
Glad to know i'm not alone. Sorry, but there's something awesome about pressing the starter on that Harley and instantly hearing the toughness. I love the Vic, but I'd love it that tiny little bit more if the starter sounded cooler. Perhaps it's a silly thing to care about, but then go ahead and call me silly, cuase I care!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.