VOG Forum banner
1901 - 1909 of 1909 Posts

·
Registered
6,740 Posts
Don't want to hijack the thread, but most are here and I had little announcement. Just got home, I've been in the hospital past 10 days. Covid got me. I am excellent and will have full recovery, but this is nothing to mess with, It got very serious the day I went in and I am convinced that without the hospital help I probably wouldn't have made it. And I am otherwise very healthy. Anyway, all is good now. Hope you all are well and safe. Not going to get on a stump, but I would recommend masks and good precautions for any of you who see fit to use them. I am something of a convert, not fanatic, but convinced. Nice to be back.
Thank you. Glad you pulled through and are recovering. This thing is so scary when you realize how it works. It's simple really. Seems to just take over your lungs, rob you of your ability to intake o2 and you die....no lingering symptons or signs of it's coming in the usual sense. This is an elligent and simple killer. My one word to anyone would be move fast. If you get signs, move fast. The meds I had were cutting edge (one was approved the day I arrived and they started giving it to me right away). and they worked. But, you're right....the real recovery seems to be regaining lung capacity and the ability to process o2. plain and simple. Holding the scaring to a minimum (and this is where some of the meds work best) is key. Even as I type and think, I can tell a small drop in ability, but it will likely return. I'm on o2, but it's minimal and at that even with activity I am maintaining above 90% blood sat. These are very good numbers.
I got covid at the end of August. I got an antibody treatment and it did keep my symptoms from getting worse but I ended up with pneumonia. I also had to go on to oxygen for a bit because mine was dropping below 90 whenever I rested or slept. Up and moving it was in the low 90s. My body temp dropped below 96 as well. The hospital wouldn't keep me so I'm glad I made it. I couldn't even run a chainsaw without getting worn out and that was a week after getting over covid.

My fiance got it as well but she just had severe flu symptoms.

Glad you made it thru Mag.

·
Registered
9,400 Posts
I got covid at the end of August. I got an antibody treatment and it did keep my symptoms from getting worse but I ended up with pneumonia. I also had to go on to oxygen for a bit because mine was dropping below 90 whenever I rested or slept. Up and moving it was in the low 90s. My body temp dropped below 96 as well. The hospital wouldn't keep me so I'm glad I made it. I couldn't even run a chainsaw without getting worn out and that was a week after getting over covid.

My fiance got it as well but she just had severe flu symptoms.

Glad you made it thru Mag.
Wow , didn't know that you had to deal with it. Very happy that you made it. Yeah, they kept after me to keep it above 90. But the hospital had no issues taking me. That's strange they wouldn;t admit you. Sleeping was the "bad" time. I slept very little. Got absolutely sick of sitting on my sore ass. But they had me tied to at least 4 lines in the beginning. Later it went to just the o2.

·
Registered
6,740 Posts
Wow , didn't know that you had to deal with it. Very happy that you made it. Yeah, they kept after me to keep it above 90. But the hospital had no issues taking me. That's strange they wouldn;t admit you. Sleeping was the "bad" time. I slept very little. Got absolutely sick of sitting on my sore ass. But they had me tied to at least 4 lines in the beginning. Later it went to just the o2.
I couldn't lay down to sleep and couldn't sleep because my O2 levels would drop to low. My fiance was not happy about the hospital discharging me. The worse part is I got covid while at work and brought it home unknowingly. My company just blew it off while I gotta pay doctor bills.

·
Registered
9,400 Posts
I couldn't lay down to sleep and couldn't sleep because my O2 levels would drop to low. My fiance was not happy about the hospital discharging me. The worse part is I got covid while at work and brought it home unknowingly. My company just blew it off while I gotta pay doctor bills.
So, you have or will recover completely? Are you still having a shortage of energy? I'm in the first day that I can leave the house, because Doc said I could be contagious. I got a hair cut, went to the grocery store, gassed the car, and a few other things. After almost 5 hours I was spent. Came home and sat on o2 for 10 minutes, then slowly put dinner together. Left over beans and cornbread. My wife's beans..Sooooo Good. So right now, I seem to be good for about half a day. But the good news is I recover very fast. Right now I feel great. Looks like it will be a few weeks back to full tilt. I don't plan to rush it, but not going to stop pushing a little more each day.
So did you cough, and do you sill have a cough? So, they just told you you're on your own. Bummer. I can't believe the Hospital didn't keep you longer. Ours wouldn't let me go once I was in. The had several patients, but by no means full. I went to the ER and was in in about an hour. Not very busy there either. I bought the expensive medicare, the one that covers all the things that the standard government Medicare doesn't. I think I'm going to be happy about that. I was told to stay away from those "do it all advertised plans" Lots of frills, but pay nothing on the real medicine.

·
Registered
6,740 Posts
So, you have or will recover completely? Are you still having a shortage of energy? I'm in the first day that I can leave the house, because Doc said I could be contagious. I got a hair cut, went to the grocery store, gassed the car, and a few other things. After almost 5 hours I was spent. Came home and sat on o2 for 10 minutes, then slowly put dinner together. Left over beans and cornbread. My wife's beans..Sooooo Good. So right now, I seem to be good for about half a day. But the good news is I recover very fast. Right now I feel great. Looks like it will be a few weeks back to full tilt. I don't plan to rush it, but not going to stop pushing a little more each day.
So did you cough, and do you sill have a cough? So, they just told you you're on your own. Bummer. I can't believe the Hospital didn't keep you longer. Ours wouldn't let me go once I was in. The had several patients, but by no means full. I went to the ER and was in in about an hour. Not very busy there either. I bought the expensive medicare, the one that covers all the things that the standard government Medicare doesn't. I think I'm going to be happy about that. I was told to stay away from those "do it all advertised plans" Lots of frills, but pay nothing on the real medicine.
Well the last time I went to the doctors I still had phenomena; from what I understand that stays with you for awhile. It seems like I'm good in the energy department now; I was able to weed-eat my whole yard (1 acre) and then mow without any issues.

I didn't have a cough until after I got the antibody treatment. The cough didn't last long, but I was coughing up blood for a few days. No chest pain or anything nor was I ever short of breathe. The coughing up blood did have me worried, but the doctors weren't concerned and said it was normal.

As for the ER, my fiance was about to drive me to Texas so I could get better care. They did not believe us about my O2 levels because it was normal every time I got up and moving. I got good insurance but they don't cover ER bills until I meet my deductible everything else is 20% until my deductible is meet.

·
Registered
9,400 Posts
Now that could work. Maybe I can drag VVB along if he'll stop long enough to enjoy life. You young people....always working.....:angel4:

1901 - 1909 of 1909 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.