VOG Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys anybody on here have harley softail bags mounted on there kingpins? If so do you got pictures of how exactly you have them mounted?? Thanks

·
Registered
6,373 Posts
Uncircumcised Philistine. :)

I don't know if that beautiful KP looks embarrassed or if I'm embarrassed for it. "Oh the humanity!"
Also, what's up with the collector looking box over the mufflers?

·
Super Moderator
26,122 Posts
I dare to be different
By getting Harley bags? Umm, yeah really different.

Personally I don't like the straight lines paired with the swoops of a Victory. But as long as you do that is all that matters.

I like something more like this.

Hard Bags, Hard Saddlebags, rigid saddlebags, Fiberglass Saddle bags from Champion Trikes for Harley Davidons, VTX and Metric Motorcycles

Or these are actually for a KP.

Victory King Pin Hard Bags from Champion, King Pin Hard Saddlebags

·
Registered
2,063 Posts
I'm not a fan of the square edged HD panniers either and have been looking for a genuine imitation leather set that match the slope on the rear fender. Price and quality have been the holdback so far. Saddlemen's seem to be lined with gold and others I've looked at will sag with summer sunshine and use. I had a good set on my last bike but don't recall the brand. You get what you pay for so if I eventually find I actually need the saddlebags I'll have to fork over the cash.

·
Registered
17,938 Posts
I can't unsee that (ingenius though) as it must effect the top speed and acceleration of the Freedom 106 having to overcome the weight of Harley Bags... No wait that is a 100ci and yet it can overcome the drag of Harley bits.

I bet you find parking in a sea of Harley's creates confusion amongst the loyal HD followers as they question if is yet another model they were unaware of.

All kidding aside, the install and set-up looks great with the trunk and fairing to boot and had to do a double take. Great job for sure and you made her yours... I am curious @Iprovide about the collector at the end of the pipes as I bet there is a story there.

·
Registered
188 Posts
I do understand vic bags are hard to obtain and vary costly but the HD bags look so terrible.
Now the 2018 softail heritage hard shell leather bags do look similar to the victory and wouldn't look as bad as the compost cans on that poor KP.
Just get the Cross roads Hard soft shell bags save your money there is quite a few on Ebay.
Then have a machine shop make you brakets.
I hate to talk smack on any ones bike and style but that just doesn't look right.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.