VOG Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Over the winter I installed onto my 2015 Gunner a PowerCommander 5, Bassani Pro-Street Turnouts, and a Lloydz air intake. I downloaded the map from PowerCommander for the pipes and the arlen & ness performance air filter. For a good month or two it was running great but recently the start up has been hard, and been rough running. I'll try to explain more. I turn on the bike, let the pump prime, and turn over the ignition. It will get a crank or two and feel like it bogs down and all lights turn off. I release the ignition button and goes back to ready position. I'll try this a couple times and it will eventually turn over.

Now firstly, a month or so ago it would throw check engine lights and blink the background lights in the tachometer when I start it up and let it idle, but that would go away after driving for a bit. However now, I have noticed that I will start it up and will die shortly afterwards. It sounds like it is backfiring or something and mis-firing. I have checked all connections and battery is just fine. Any of you guys have any ideas? I will try to get a video of it but it's too dark right now. I have noticed recently also that if I go to accelerate sometime and start getting to high rev's, it feels like it is misfiring occasionally (can feel a momentary loss of power). The bike has 6,500 miles.

Please let me know if any further information is required. Thanks in advance!

<UPDATE 8/12/2018>

Solved!! Turns out it was just a bad map. I started it up before adjusting maps and it was behaving the same way. I shut it down, reloaded a zero map to the fuel controller and it started right up and ran just great. I loaded a different "pre-load" map to the bike and it seems to like that one but only time will tell. Now just to concentrate on saving up some more money to get it dyno'd so it's nicely tuned in. Thanks to everyone that has given their advice!

·
Registered
7,071 Posts
You said you checked your connections. Have you tightened the battery cables down with a wrench?

I've read where it can act like gremlins are running amok if the are just the slightest bit loose.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You said you checked your connections. Have you tightened the battery cables down with a wrench?

I've read where it can act like gremlins are running amok if the are just the slightest bit loose.
Yeah, I have everything nice and tight as far as electrical connections go. First thing I thought of was a loose ground or something, but it's all good.

I am actually going to try and reload the map and see if maybe that is the culprit, but that will have to wait until tomorrow.

·
Premium Member
1,439 Posts
You can also try zeroing out all tables (Ctrl-A, 0 on both cylinders and timing) before reloading the map (should bring fueling back to stock) and see if it returns to normal. If not, it’s probably not the map causing it.

·
Registered
343 Posts
Have you load tested the battery. My Visions battery indicated great Voltage primed and lights and it wouldn't start, when load tested it showed the thing pretty much dead.

Reactions: mister-g

·
Registered
865 Posts
Ma
Battery issues would account for the start up issues but not for the backfiring and running rough issues would it?
Maybe not battery issues, but connection issues most certainly will raise havoc.

To OP: where is your PC grounded to? If it's the tank, that is not a good ground place although many use it. Check the ground, maybe relocate it to another spot. There's a couple ground points on the frame that are metal to metal, not metal to rubber grommet with a little metal sleeve running through it.

Either that or remove the PC entirely see if it get's better. Could be a connection as it receives it's power from one of the injectors (which one I can't recall or there's confusion).

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.